Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sucker for a Good Deal

It may not be completely healthy, but I'm a sucker for a good deal.  I get a complete shopper's high.  It feels better than it probably should.  :-)  And I'm good at it.  Dang good at it.  I get killer deals left and right.  Greg jokes that I save him so much money he's going to need a second job.  :-) 

My absolute favorite deal right now:  Diapers
For a long time, Costco diapers were about as good as you could do.  Sure, there were some amazing couponing that could be done, but for the most part, the cheapest way to buy diapers was Costco.  Especially when you had a Costco coupon book that had a diaper coupon.  But, for the most part, that was as good as it got.  (I have gotten rare clearance deals that coupled with coupons, but those have been few and far between.)
But now -- my heart belongs to Amazon!
Have you signed up for Amazon Mom yet?  Oh my goodness people, the deals are amazing.  Not only do I get free Amazon Prime (free 2-day shipping on any order, no minimum), but when you sign up for diapers or wipes on 'subscribe and save' you get 30% off.  With free shipping and no tax.  The same diapers I was getting from Costco for 22¢ each (before tax) at Costco were suddenly like 14¢ delivered to my doorstep.  (You can cancel the subscription to the diaper order as soon as the order goes through -- I have like 9 canceled subscriptions). 
The best part though -- 'Parents' and 'Parenting' magazines have been running 20% off coupons almost monthly.  Last night I ordered a 180 pack of size 4 diapers for $17.  (9.4¢ a diaper -- more than half off of Costco's price!)  That is beyond an amazing deal.  And it makes me giddy.  It's an illness.  :-)

Oh, and my favorite website right now:  www.artscow.com
It's all photos and photo gifts.  It's in Asia, so shipping can be spendy, except that you can almost ALWAYS get free shipping deals.  They basically can put a picture on anything: decks of cards, necklaces, purses, blankets, umbrellas, mousepads, Christmas ornaments, etc.  And with the free shipping, I've gotten some fun stuff like notebooks with my kids' pictures on it shipped to my little brother in the Argentina MTC for the bargain price of $2.99.  I got photo ornaments of my kids for all the great grandparents.  I got cute coin purses with their pictures on them for my girls (they're OBSESSED with carrying coins lately) for stocking stuffers.  I sent a cute necklace to my cousin on her mission with a picture of her niece on one side and her nephew on the other for $2.99.  I've gotten a nice little chunk of Christmas done and shipped to the far corners of the globe for bargain prices. 

And don't get me started on Kohl's -- oh how I love that 30% off coupon!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

ha ha your so funny I am the same way I love deals and I fully understand your high you get when you see the "you saved this much" on the reciept lol and hello I need me some diapers nice work and thanks for sharing

Jackie H said...

Ditto on Artscow. I've done two umbrellas through them, and they are so cute! I scrapbooked each section before uploading, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the printing (the quality of the mechanics of the umbrella is not so great). I'm going to go to artscow right now...

Jessi said...

You and your mom are the queens of bargain shopping. I also love the high of a good deal.

Shannon said...

I love a good deal too. Amazon Mom is pretty great. I tried combining the subscribe and save with the 20% off coupons from my magazines and it didnt work though. Did yours? Amazon is smart to offer free prime shipping to moms. I have been doing more amazon online shopping than ever before. Almost all of Christmas is coming from there.

Artscow is fun too. We've done playing cards and mouse pads, etc. I like the idea of the ornaments! I will look into that one. I do wonder about my bargain spending habits sometimes though. Do I spend more than I save? Maybe, but it's still fun.

Statham Family Blog said...

I love bargains also, I started a few months ago, hitting a few blogs that tell of good deals daily and with the coupons, get them for almost free or FREE!! Cash in the Winco free bacon, english muffins, orange juice, malt-o-meal cereal coupons, then go to Kelloggs and print off Eggo waffles coupon 2/1.00 and get them for $1.18 a box while your there.