Monday, September 20, 2010

Utah State Fair

The Utah State Fair almost passed me by this year! We've gone every year since Annie was born, but this year (with the new baby) despite hearing people talk about it, for some reason it never clicked for me 'oh yeah, we should go to that!' So, when Greg's parents asked if they could take us to the fair, I was really glad we hadn't ended up missing it altogether! Last Tuesday, we met up with Ruth & KC at the fair grounds and enjoyed another year of Utah State Fair fun!

Here's Ellie looking in at the sheep. She was fascinated by all the animals, and happily would get up as close as we'd allow her. At one point my father-in-law, KC, asked, "Is she afraid of anything?" The answer to that is, "Only loud noises." (The child cries every time she hears a motorcycle or the garbage truck. From a couple blocks away. Other than noises, she seems fairly fearless . . . like she doesn't even notice she's the teeniest thing around.)
Grandpa KC showing the girls the sheep's wool.
Grandma Ruth and Annie checking out the baby pigs . . .
The pony rides are always a huge hit with my kids . . .


Food is a pretty big hit too.
(I also got a snow cone -- and it made me insanely happy. What is it about flavored ice that makes me all giddy?)
One of the highlights of the fair trip was going to see the art. Because Greg's mother is an extremely talented artist -- and won 2nd place in the Professional category with her "Heavenly Blue Morning Glories" picture!
(This is one of only a few pictures of Isaac too -- he slept in the sling the first half the time we were there, woke up and nursed and then fell back asleep not long after. He wasn't an overly active participant on our fair trip.)
The Merry-Go-Round was another big hit.
Here's Daddy and Ellie posing for Grandpa's camera -- I really liked the shot I got though!

The girls loved giving Grandma and Grandpa 'fives' every time they went past . . .
Annie always knows where the camera is :-)

Per usual, Greg's parents spoil our kids (and Greg and I!) rotten -- and we're really appreciative of it! Thanks for making sure we didn't miss the fair this year, KC & Ruth!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Awe .. it looks like you guys had a great time! We have never been to the fair but I think next year we might make an effort. Looks like lots of fun things for the little kids.

Statham Family Blog said...

You guys sure look like your having fun. The pony rides sure was my girls favorites. Greg's mom's picture looks so beautiful, I wish I could be as talented.

Talina said...

I am so glad you guys made it this year. It is a fun tradition. Annie, Ellie and Isaac are lucky to have such awesome grandparents to spoil them when their own parents aren't quite on the ball :)
I'm golad you guys had fun!

Jessi said...

Love the fair! Quinn and Isaac and Annie snd Ellie will rule the fair next year!