Monday, September 20, 2010

Tech Savvy

Annie was barely two years old when she passed up her Great Grandpa with her technological prowess -- she mastered using the computer mouse. While my Grandpa refused to hook one up to his computer for years and played solitaire entirely with shortcut keys.

Somewhere between two and three, she passed up her Grandpa Robert. He was looking at his new phone and asked aloud, "How do you take a picture with this?" Annie sighed, walked over and took a picture, saved it and handed the phone back without saying a word.

At four, she's gaining on (and possibly passing up) some of her Aunts and Uncles . . . today, without any help, she sent me a picture message from my brother's phone. She took the picture, got in to the 'send' area, typed in my cell phone number (which she has memorized) and sent me the picture.

So, I'm thinking by 5 years old I can forget about paying for any tech support on my computer, 'cause she should be able to handle that for me, right?

5 comments:

Talina said...

Awesome! Annie is such a little smarty-pants! I love it.

Sare said...

haha that's too funny! Make sure you stay on her good side!

Jessi said...

When she is a world famous (or infamous) hacker this story won't be so cute as much as a sign of things to come!!!

The Daily Smash said...

Its so scary how much little kids know these days. Dallin amazes me when he plays video games and messes around on the computer. I have even asked him a few time how to do something and he comes right over to do it like im the idiot lol oh its sad.

Chrystal said...

I think kids these days are born tech-savvy, but yours sounds a litte ahead of the game. Future hacker?