Despite all the 'it could be any time now' signs on Friday, I've felt nothing giving me the slightest inkling I'll go into labor ever since. Part of me feels bad about letting myself get antsy about it this weekend -- I'm still a few days from my due date, so I can't even complain about being 'late' yet (and even then, I'm a firm believer that 40 weeks isn't an 'expiration date', but merely an estimate in which the actual event could happen on either side of) . . . but dang, I really, really, really wanted it to be this weekend. I wanted to not have to stress over 'is it time to call Greg home from work or not!?' during the week. Also, my sister Lacy can come into town only twice this summer -- and she's here tonight. I really wanted her to see the baby before he was a month or so old.
I guess there's still time -- but I'm gonna try really hard not to be disappointed if/when it doesn't happen 'til my due date or later . . . :-)
5 comments:
He will be here before you know it. I can't wait to compare Isaac and Quinn...ha!
I will keep my fingers crossed . I thought that there would be all sorts of signs that I was going to go into labor. But when I finally gave that up thats when it happened.I felt nothing at all that day I actually felt better then I did most days. So you never know.
I will be checking daily now. I can't wait to hear that he is here.
Isn't it funny how slowly the last few days crawl by and then all of a sudden you have a new person in your family. I am always amazed when I see pictures of myself big and pregnant and I remember thinking that it was forever until the baby would come, but that picture was really the day before the baby was born. I hope he comes sooner rather than later for you though. :)
I hope he comes so your sister can see him too. Otherwise I guess we all have to be happy we live in an age of instant pictures via the internet. Can you imagine if you had to mail them to her??!
Post a Comment