Cody & Mom. Awwww.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Cody's High School Graduation
So, my baby brother graduated from High School last night. My sisters and I came to show our support, by not going in and watching any of the long ceremony and instead walking around our old high school and getting pictures of ourselves in front of landmarks. :-) We did go out to ice cream afterwards though. We are a very supportive family like that. My Mom had asked me to come and take some pictures of Cody before and after the event, but Cody was a complete stinker and hated every second of it and made getting pictures very difficult :-) It was all, "That's enough!" "How many do we need?!" "That better not show up on facebook!" "I'm not even looking at the camera again until you delete that last one!" His reasoning for his less than stellar cooperation was that high school graduation is not a big deal or a major accomplishment ("the two guys I was sitting between were just talking about getting high after the ceremony, I mean, they let anyone graduate!"), but merely a minimum requirement in life. Surprisingly though, when I mentioned that if that was true maybe I shouldn't give him my generous cash gift, he totally changed his tune . . . :-)


Cody's very supportive sisters were there at the High School for the ceremony -- but rather than watch the actual ceremony, Star, Talina and I just wandered around the school taking random pictures. Here's Talina pointing at one of the many, many places where Cottonwood has her name immortalized up on a wall or plaque.
I liked this one a lot, 'cause my Dad randomly took it at a weird angle and Cody and I were having talking to each other . . .
But this one is probably my very favorite. Everyone's talking about where we're headed next, except for Star who'd been making amusing faces and striking funny poses for the last 30 seconds or so -- this one just captured it so perfectly, every member of my family seems to be pointing or looking in a different direction, except Star who's mugging for the camera.
Afterwards we went to Leatherby's, which is our family's official "so you graduated" or "so you got baptized" or "so you accomplished something" celebratory spot. Here's Cody and me. I wish we'd gotten pictures right after this of Cody feeling the baby move. Both Talina and Cody had their hands on my stomach, and for the first time, both felt Isaac kick. They both squealed like little girls. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are officially old! I think I remember when Cody was in kindergarten or first grade.... Congrats Cody!
He's still 12 in my mind. He'll always be 12 to me. :)
Post a Comment