Wanna hear the part that makes me a horrible person? :-) I had printed invitations for the event, with a beautiful photo of Annie in her dance costume on it, and given them to all her grandparents, aunts & uncles, and all the great grandmas. Then I realized a week or two later I had the wrong recital time on there, so I sent out an email to everyone about the time change. No problem, right? Well, except apparently my Grandma had decided to come to it (she's never been to anything like this before with us, and she never mentioned coming, despite us seeing her a few times in the last little while), and I hadn't called all the great grandparents about the time change ('cause I honestly hadn't even suspected any of them had even thought about coming!) So my 85 year old Grandma got there for the 5PM show. And spent the next two hours freaking out that I'd like gone into labor or something and that's why we weren't there. She was very relieved when we all showed up at almost 7PM. And then she sat there through another entire dance recital, meaning she was outdoors through five and a half hours of dancing and intermissions. Um, oops! I felt horrible. Good one, Hilary! (She seemed to enjoy herself though!)
Anyway, at least she did get to be there to see Annie dance in not one, but two adorable numbers. Here's Annie before the dance recital started.
4 comments:
She was so cute! Frankly, putting a bunch of adorable little girls on stage with cute costumes was entertainment enough for me ;)
And Ellie was actually really good. Especially once I bribed her with snack bar food. :)
What adoreable pictures. Baylee did dance for a few years and I swear the costumes were more than half the fun!
So cute! I love all of Annie's facial expression...her costume was cute!
OH MY GOSH! There is possibly no way those pictures could have been cuter. She is so adorable!
Post a Comment