Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Annie's Take on Her Baby-Brother-to-Be

Annie today was telling me how excited she is to meet her new little brother (hear that Isaac, Mom's not the only one getting antsy, feel free to show up anytime now!) She's told me that she thinks he'll have brown eyes, like her and Mommy, not hazel like Daddy's and Ellie's. She also told me today that she's pretty sure he'll have light hair, "Then four people in our family will have light hair, and only one person will have dark . . . [sad sigh] . . . poor Mom." She talks to my stomach, telling baby Isaac how excited we are to meet him, and about all the fun things we'll do together when he's born. She loves to sing and talk to her little brother, telling him stories about the world outside Mom's tummy.

Ellie's a bit more forward. She came up to my stomach this morning, poked it hard and shouted, "OUT!"

I'm with Ellie on this one. :-)

(Oh, and I had a couple hours of mildly painful contractions that kept me up for several hours last night. Then I finally got to sleep, and nothing has happened since. Except I've been a bit more impatient than normal since I'm freakishly tired now.)

6 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I'm with Ellie, too. What gives, Isaac?!

For the record, I don't want you to feel bad whatsoever about calling/texting me tonight to tell me that you're in labor and/or having the baby. I'm intending for this to go down TONIGHT.

Jessi said...

I agree with Liz...send me a text tonight when it is go time! No pressure, but we are all anxious to see the little guy.

Ellie and Annie crack me up. They are going to adore their lil bro!

Kerry said...

Ellie's comment is great! So funny what those crazy two year olds come up with. I'm sending your lots of labor vibes!!

Star said...

OUT! I'd poke you but... I'm at work.

Ha ha. Cute Little Ellie

Ashley said...

Still nothing huh? Man I thought that Logan was being stubborn and he came a week before his due date lol.
Oh well enjoy the last few days hours or minutes of being prego. It seems like forever until it happens and then it goes by so fast. I cant believe its already been 5 weeks for me :(
Good luck I will keep checking for updates on the little guy.

Talina said...

Way to go Ellie! I already poked you the other day, to no avail. No pressure, Isaac, but today would be a really awesome birthday. 'Cause as Annie will tell you, the girls are born in May and the boys are born in June. That's just how it works! :)