I received an email or two that informed me that if I woefully neglect my blog for days at a time, people are gonna assume I'm in labor or something. Nope, still gestating. I'm just about 39 weeks now, so it should be any day (or week or so), and that's cool with me. I'm feeling surprisingly good -- I mean sure, I'm getting antsy to meet my little boy, but I'm not necessarily in a big hurry for this all to end. I love the feeling of him moving inside my belly, and he is a heck of a lot easier to take care of now than he will be in a week or two :-)
I'm also not 'allowed' to have the baby until after Thursday, as many members of my family are going to be out of town for the bulk of this week. Then they're home for a week and leave again a week or so later. So, I have this window in which I'm allowed to have the baby :-) We'll see how that goes . . . so far he's not showing any signs of being overly cooperative. :-)
Oh, and semi related . . . how is it I have never tried sitting on an exercise/birth ball during my third trimester?! It's AMAZING! I tried sitting on one while in my second trimester, but it just felt awkward. Tried it again yesterday though, and I couldn't get over how wonderful it felt to rest on. My sore muscles just melt and I feel so much better while sitting on it! My back feels wonderful and I feel lighter and less 'weighed down' . . . which seems almost impossible at this point of pregnancy. :-) I think I'm eschewing all other chairs until birth!
7 comments:
Haha .. funny you say that people assume you have gone into labor. I was one of them. Was looking forward to some new baby pictures! Oh how I adore them. I hope you continue to feel good!
It's so close! Wow! Here's to a wonderful birth experience :)
ha ha I heard about sitting on the ball but I never did try it out :( to bad for me I guess and I so agree that they are so much eaiser to take care of while they are in the inside lol. You forget just how tired you are with a newborn. I dont think I could drive anywhere from fear of falling asleep behind the wheel. lol I am so excited for you to have your little boy its so amazing. Good luck
No worries. You've already missed the day that I was thinking of, well grandpa ruined it. But I'll just have to be content now with plenty of pictures of your baby boy and especially as he grows up over the next 18months.
Can't wait to see pictures of your "mammoth" baby...well, at least compared to Quinners. I can't wait to hear all about your birth story! I am so excited for you guys!
I am not going out of town, which makes me the favorite. Seriously call me and I can watch the girls if you need. This week I work Wednesday-Friday nights. Here's hoping he comes soon!
I'm voting he waits a week too! :-)
And that birth-ball-sitting should help open up your pelvis and help that baby spin around too! :-)
Post a Comment