Dear OB Offices Everywhere,
If you ask a pregnant woman to consume 32 ounces of water an hour before an ultrasound appointment, then tell her to refrain from peeing, then leave her waiting out in the waiting room, not even acknowledging her presence, for 30 minutes past the time of her appointment (after telling her to arrive 15 minutes early) . . . that is just cruel and unusual punishment.
Sincerely,
An Irritated Pregnant Woman Whose Bladder Nearly Burst in the Middle of Your Freaking Waiting Room.
(Um yes, I'm pregnant. Crazy, right? Please say nothing but super supportive and encouraging things, like how two babies (less than) 18 months apart will be the best thing that ever happened to me, and how you're greatest, sweetest, favorite (although you'd never admit it), smartest, funnest, most loving child came from a completely unexpected pregnancy, and although you'd never have chosen to be pregnant again so soon (not in a million and a half years), it turned out to be the greatest thing ever. Thanks for your cooperation.)
Edited to add: I did finally get my ultrasound. Where she asked me to go pee first, since my bladder was too full. Of course. Once again, I was blown away by the stampeding sound of a 170 bpm heartbeat, and we got to see a tiny little spinal cord and strong beating heart of our tiny peanut. We're due 1/2/2012. My sister in law tells me that the Chinese Gender Chart says we'll be having a girl. It's been wrong every single time, so I'm hoping this means I get a little boy. 'Cause, dang, if I'm gonna have two kids less than 18 months apart, it could at least work out so Isaac has a little brother this close in age. :-)
20 comments:
YAAAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! :)
Also, Ian was unexpected, and he's pretty chill... maybe that's something?
Yay!!!! So excited!!!! I am so glad that you are giving my kid a cousin so RIDICULOUSLY close in age, even at your own great inconvenience :)
I am so excited! Only, what, 3 more months 'til we find out if my girl gets a bff or if Isaac gets a little brother! Yay!!!
And I agree on the ultrasound thing bladder thing. That is just cruel. The first tech I had at my ultrasound was pretty nice about it, but the second one kept grinding into my bladder with the little wand thing trying to get the baby to move and I was like, "Um, that is just going to result in a mess. Stop that."
Oh my heavens, how exciting! That's awesome Hilary! And even if it's not how you plan it, having kids close together is nice, they all get to be close. There's 10 years between me and my youngest sister, which is kind of a bummer. Plus, you can just get the pregnancies all over with that much quicker!--totally kidding, btw. ;)
Actually Kirstin, I'd totally thought to myself, "Well, I'm not getting any younger -- maybe it's better I'm getting this pregnancy started at 31 instead of waiting . . ." :-)
I'm holding you to that one Liz -- this baby will be as chill as Ian. If not, you have to trade me my fussy pants colicky baby for Ian, who is the cutest, happiest little chunk in the whole wide world. Deal? :-)
wow.... congrats!
If it IS a boy, I vote for the name Aaron, as all your other kids seem to have 5-letter names, with the vowels outnumbering the consonants, and doubled letters throughout... aNNie, eLLie, isAAc.... very clever of you.
But if it's a girl, I vote for Abbie... or AnnieEllie, so when you're getting after your girls for fighting over clothes or makeup you only have to shout two names instead of three.
Jesting aside, this is exciting news. I'm so happy for you guys.
I think having two close together will be fun. Especially if it's a boy. And just piggy-backing on Sara's comment. She makes a good point and Oliver can be shortened to OLLie! For cute!!
We have joked about naming a boy Owen or a girl Olivia, since we'd have A-E-I-O . . . but we'd also talked about five letter names with lots of vowels, hadn't thought about Abbie or Aaron, and they'd both start with vowels . . . good thinking! :-)
Congratulations!!! And yes, it is a GREAT thing. Mine are 15 months apart and I thought I was going to die having them that close together, but Elizabeth was absolutely a jewel when Eli was born. So hang in there and know its a good thing. Sure you'll have those days where you think you are going crazy, but every mother has them no matter how far apart their kids are. You'll love it when they play so well together and it will make your days easier to get things done. But at least you won't have 4 at home. Be grateful for that.
Congratulations! My little Kyle, my greatest, sweetest, favorite (although I'd never admit it), smartest, funnest, most loving child came from a completely unexpected pregnancy. He's the best thing that's ever happened for me. And a huge blessing too, because apparently it is very difficult for me to get and stay pregnant with two losses already this year. I think God really is in charge---like it or not :)
My brother is 18 months older than I am, and we were always the best of friends. So even if it's a girl, they'll have a very special relationship. Big brothers are so special for little sisters.
WOW!!! Congrats I think lol I am still trying to get mine to sleep thru the night at a year old lol. You are going to have your hands full... That will be fun to have another boy so that you have even numbers.... Good Luck lol
yay! That is so awesome! Congrats.
I am very excited for you and feel for you with the surprise :) And I totally agree with your venting of the insanity of them telling us to drink that much water and not pee. I'm not doing it this next time. I refuse :) Can't wait to hear what you're having! I'm thinking it's a boy. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Wow! That is so cool! I hope its a boy too so you can have it all even in the house.
Congrats!! How exciting for you family! I am very happy for you :)
Congrats! I am so excited for you! And you have the coolest (most inconvenient....ha!)due date...1/2/12. I hope this baby comes on its due date, just like Annie.
And I am working on finding all the most awesome O names ever!
Love you guys!
Congratulations to you and Greg. I always say things happen for a reason...even when they are unexpected.
Shauna was unexpected for us but I truly believe God sent her to us for a reason(her and Kimberly are 20 months apart).
It was hard for me to grasp having to take care of a new baby and Kimberly when they were going to be so close together. I had my challenging days but everything worked out the way it was suppose to be. Kimberly and Shauna are so close and rely on each other as friends and sisters. Me and my sister wasn't ever close becuz we had to much difference in things because of the yrs between us.
The girls will be close to each other so it might be good for Issac to have a brother/sister to be close too.
In psychology they taught us if you can to have children in even numbers just for that reason.
Again I am happy for all of you!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahhaaaahhhahahaha a ha ha ha ah ah.mmmm....
I was kinda wondering what Angela was congratulating you for:) Congratulations you are such a wonderful mommy and have such a sweet family this baby couldn't wait any longer to be with you.
Wow! Congratulations! Surprise or not, you sure do make adorably cute and charming children :)
Post a Comment