Thursday, January 6, 2011
Ellie Was Here . . .
Ellie summoned me into the front room with an excited, "Mom! Mom! Ellie! Ellie!" I came in to find her proudly pointing out the chalkboard on our new puppet theater. And there it was, she'd written her own name, all on her own, without anyone else even in the room to offer any help. She was so proud of herself! And I was so excited about her accomplishment that we ran upstairs together to get the camera.
(There are the E's on the beginning and the end -- the one up front has too many horizonal lines, and the one at the end only has two, but it's the general idea. In the middle are just a series of vertical lines . . . but really, isn't that all L's and I's are? :-) And then there's an "S" over the top. That was for Aunt Star. It's just an added extra. :-) It's obviously not perfect, but of course, she is only two.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is so cute! And so smart. I love how everytime either Annie or Ellie see a letter, they tell you who's name begins with that letter. Though I miss when they used to call me "Nina" and then tell me excitedly, "T is for Nina! T for Nina!" . . . so right and yet so wrong. . .
Brilliant Baby! Love her.
Post a Comment