Sunday, September 9, 2012

Old Facebook Updates

September 8th, 2012
Isaac has never actually watched Cars, but he has a basic knowledge of the characters. Same with Star Wars. So it made me laugh when he pointed to a picture of Mater on a Car's toybox and said, "Look, it Darth Mater!"

September 7th, 2012
Note to self: next time INSIST that Greg take the morning off work to go with one of the children when they need dental work done. Annie had to get FIVE cavities filled this morning (she has soft little baby teeth that she grinds, creating cracks that get cavities easily, poor kid) and I think it just went down as one of the most horrific motherhood experiences to date . . . I shudder just thinking about it again . . .

September 6th, 2012
Only took about two hours to recover from my spin on the Tilt a Whirl at the fair :-) I felt fine getting off the ride, watching the fireworks and walking back to the car. The drive home nearly killed me -- I was so nauseous by the time we got home I could barely function. It was the most horrible feeling. It's official -- I'm getting old. :-) 

September 1st, 2012


My tiny Mozart up to his piano


August 25th, 2012
So my girls have been gone for over a week, out of town with Grandma & Grandpa. I asked Isaac this morning, "Guess who comes home today?" "Um, non't know." "Well, who's been gone for awhile . . ." he thinks about it, and I add, "Who could be coming home today that we haven't seen all week?" He suddenly smiles and exclaims, "GRANDPA!" He really loves his Grandpa Robert!

August 24th, 2012
Isaac just walked in to my room with a half gallon of Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream and a spoon, and said, "Mom, 'an you open this for me?"

I may or may not have fallen for his antics . . .

August 23rd, 2012
Parenting first: calling poison control. Am I the only one who briefly considered giving them a fake name and zip code at the end of the call? I got a whole lecture on child resistant does not mean child proof, then they asked for my child's name -- never been so tempted to lie :-)

 Isaac outsmarted the bottle of Owen's antibiotics and drank half of it. Fortunately, Owen's like the smallest baby my doctor thinks she's ever subscribed this particular drug too, and the smallest concentration she'd ever seen, so the Poison Control guy informed me that for Isaac's size he would've needed to drink two entire prescriptions worth for it to be a problem. Although, I do think all the probiotics we've been using since the last antibiotic Isaac was on are now all for naught, as he's pretty effectively killed any good bacteria in his system again :-)

Oh, and while he was nice most of the call -- the poison control dude made me feel REALLY stupid when I couldn't figure out what numbers he needed off the bottle. (He seemed very annoyed I told him 125/5ML . . . turns out it was the 60mL number he was looking for -- but it was mostly covered by the prescription sticker. I was getting flustered and just wanted to hang up and get a new operator :-)

August 23rd, 2012
My girls are calling me from right next to the dolphin pool at Sea World -- they just got to splash water in the dolphin's mouth and are SO excited. :-) They refuse to leave Sea World to go to the beach, 'cause they think Sea World is the greatest place on earth -- girls after my own heart :-)

August 22nd, 2012
Took Owen in yesterday for an eye infection, found out he had an ear infection, was referred to an ENT who fit us is in his schedule for 9AM this morning, and we just scheduled surgery for Friday morning. Wow. That is possibly the fastest that's ever happened. Wish us luck for Friday!

August 20th, 2012
I need to go write this in the margins of my scriptures! I had a friend just share a thought after studying about the Stripling Warriors --
"Helaman's Sons were at war. They all received many wounds. None of them perished. They thanked God. Life is hard. So deeply intense and difficult at times. We are all going to be receiving many wounds. Life brings scars and pain. Wounds is such a g

reat way to describe it. But -- we are surviving. We are being preserved. Are we thanking God for our preservation? Or are we cursing God for our many wounds?"
No matter what comes, I know God preserves me -- I hope I haven't been complaining too much about the wounds of life, while God has been endlessly working to preserve me! Loved this.
So, my girls are on vacation with my parents and sisters -- and they have been sending me text/pic messages with the latest of what they're doing and saying. Here's the latest about four year old Ellie: On the drive here, we stopped at a wendys where the womens restroom was closed so we took the girls in the mens room and Ellie was fairly intrigued by the urinals. This morning ay dennys we went to the bathroom and as we were leaving, we passed the men's room Ellie pointed at the door and exclaimed (LOUDLY) "that's the room with the penises in it!" She meant urinals, but it was hilarious.
Another vacation story about Ellie, they all seem to involve bathrooms: Their hotel room toilet has two buttons -- her Aunt's taught her that you push one for when you pee (saves water, only half flushes) and one when you poop (for a full flush). Later she called out to Talina and Star from the bathroom, loudly exclaiming, "I went poop and pee!" "Um, good job?" they said confused. She responded, "WHICH BUTTON DO I PUSH!?" :-)
August 19th, 2012
Officially put Isaac in his new toddler bed for nap today. Yeah, this is going SUPER well :-/

August 18th, 2012
Isaac just walked up, handed me a toy phone and said, "Mom, it's one of your sisters . . . " and then turned and walked away. Good news Star, we had a very good pretend conversation, much to Isaac's approval.   
August 17th, 2012
I was out in the backyard spray painting a bed I'm refinishing for Isaac (since the lil' punk keeps trying to crawl out of his crib). I'd been out there for a minute or two when Ellie pipes up, "I really like that deer in our backyard." I spun around, and sure enough, a deer was standing behind me eating apples below our tree, watching me paint. A weird lookin' deer with messed up antlers. Poor deformed deer. 
  







August 15th, 2012
Ellie did something that made me laugh, and I said, "Ellie, you're so cute and funny!" To which she added, "And smart and strong." That too, Ellie Bells, that too. :-)

August 14th, 2012
I just brought Ellie an outfit to put on (10AM and we're getting her out of pajamas -- it's like a record this month!) :-) I hand her an outfit and she holds it up and exclaims, "Wow, Mom! I have these SAME pants!"

I remember buying like eight CASES of wipes at Costco last time they had a coupon for them -- and thinking it was crazy and I'd never get through that many. Yeah, on my last case . . .

August 11th, 2012
I think Daddy might be having more fun with the new train set than the kids even . . .

 August 10th, 2012
Well, it's good I already got the kitchen floor mopped . . 'cause every other plan for the afternoon I had has been put on hold . . Isaac had a blow out diaper. And came downstairs to tell me by sliding down each and every stair on his butt. I will now be carpet shampooing for the foreseeable future (I carpet shampooed the landings, but I haven't started stairs yet -- that'll be as soon as I'm done feeding the baby.)

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I hope this all means you are back to blogging! Seriously miss coming home to your posts..