Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Little Squash & Due Date Wishes!

So, I got my weekly pregnancy update email today.  I was informed that my 22 week old fetus was now about the size of a squash . . . or just around 11 inches and about a pound.

I've been reading my 'fruit sized' updates for the last 12 weeks or so, informing Annie and Ellie that their baby was now the size of a kiwi, then an apple, then a small cucumber from Grandma's garden.  But today, the stats just stopped me in my tracks for a second, as I caught my breath.  My baby isn't the size of a squash.  My baby is the size of Quinn.

Our friend Quinn was born last May at an unbelievable 15.5 ounces and 10 inches long.  
 
It was kind of amazing to think that the tiny kicking little boy inside my stomach, who's barely letting himself be known through little flutters and an occasional decent kick, is no smaller than Miss Quinn herself when she was born.

Defying any odds stacked against her tiny self, she's grown into the most amazing toddler.
Quinn and Isaac earlier this summer.
And now here we are, about 15 months later, and it's Quinn's official Due Date Day!
Had this fiesty wonder not came into the world 15 weeks early, she's be celebrating her first birthday right about now.
I think Quinn's gonna make a lot of the 15 week head start she got on life -- she's already right there with my kids on my list of genius children I adore :-) 

Happy Due Date Day Sellers Family!



3 comments:

Jessi said...

So sweet! You made me cry! Thanks for posting such above tribute to Quinn! I can't wait to me your little guy when he is a chunky 8 pounder on 1/2/12!!!!

Talina said...

Happy Due Date Day, Quinn! I remember thinking that exact same thing when I got that update at 22 weeks. Quinn is such an amazing little girl.

karine said...

Quinn is amazing and getting cutter every time I see her latest picture.
It is a good thing your baby does not grow as fast as my squash. I miss one day picking my squash and they start looking like watermelons.