Saturday night, we met up with Greg's extended family for a fun family night. The kids had SO much fun at the park we were at -- although, unfortunately, there weren't any other kids their ages, so all the pictures of them playing in the park don't include any of the rest of the family. But just imagine lots of other cool people were there too, they were just over talking on lawn chairs instead of tire swings. And I don't tend to take as many pictures of adults in lawn chairs as I do children in tire swings :-)
I liked this one, 'cause it's Ellie bugging Isaac, Isaac looking pissed and pushing back, and Annie posing sweetly for the camera -- it pretty much sums up a lot of our days :-)
Isaac hanging with Daddy and Mommy
Ellie clearing all the cantaloupe from the fruit tray when she thought nobody was looking . . .
Annie posing for pictures -- the girl does love posing.
I was kind of amused that the only other children there were two little girls just younger than Isaac -- and in the four hours or so we were there, you never heard either of them so much as fuss or make a peep. Isaac, on the other hand, was screaming at people, throwing stuff when he got angry, and tossing his head around in a dramatic, 'I'm tired and angry' fashion. (Not the whole time, but more often than I'd prefer.) :-) (He did spend a chunk of his time trying to schmooze the chocolate cake and Cheetos from anyone who had food -- he can be very charming when he wants to be!) Driving home, Greg and I were discussing how our beautiful, amazing children have never been described as calm or mellow or even-tempered. :-) Although, I do think (especially after talking to the surgeon this morning) that Isaac's fluid and gunk filled ears were the biggest culprit behind his general pissiness.
3 comments:
Ellie's hair looks sooooooo blonde in the first picture. I thought it must be a cousin or something at first glance.
I love first day of school pictures. And kindergarten is a big deal!! Glad it all went well. My heart seriously swells at the thought of Jackson starting next month.
lol .. wrong post! Can you tell I'm catching up. I have been disconnected for the internet for over a week now. I LOVE fun family nights at the park too. Kids love the park and when the whole family is there just hanging out they can play until their hearts are content.
Post a Comment