Add to that, Talina's pregnancy was a bit, unexpected, to say the least. :-)
Some of you might know about my sister Talina's blog, where not too long ago, Talina and David announced their plan to adopt, since they'd received a pretty definitive 'infertile' diagnosis and all that by doctors. In fact, end of December, Talina's last blood work before officially announcing adoption, was unequivocally 'infertile'. With no hope of pregnancy without the use of IVF. Talina and David were excitedly moving forward with their adoption plans, with an unexpected positive pregnancy test threw a wrench in their plans :-)
Talina announced her pregnancy to the family by telling my poor Mother that they were no longer eligible for adoption . . . due to LDS Family Services' strict policy on not allowing pregnant women to adopt . . . :-)
I love Ellie running up and throwing herself around Talina's leg in the video :-)
In her third month of her 'miracle' pregnancy and Talina's feeling pretty good -- if she can ignore the crippling tiredness, and the finally subsiding nausea. :-) We're looking so forward to meeting our newest niece or nephew this fall! Congratulations Talina and David!
And yes, Talina thoroughly understands that anytime any 'helpful' person uses her story as a 'see what happens if you just sit back and relax/decide to adopt . . . you'll suddenly get pregnant' example with any other infertile couple, that said couple reserves the right to come and key her car. :-)
7 comments:
Congrats! That is so exciting. I am so happy for them and hope that everything goes well.
Yay! I hadn't seen the video yet (though of course, I lived it so there's that). I love Ellie's reaction too! She is so cute!
And I love your last disclaimer cause seriously, if there was one thing I got sick of hearing, it was that once I 'relaxed' I would get pregnant, as though a year and a half of not ovulating was all because I was too tense. :P
I know people are trying to be helpful, but after about the 500th story of miracle fertility about another couple, you are ready to gouge people's eyes (or possibly something far less extreme).
That is fantastic news!!! So exciting! I personally know several people who have had similar experiences of getting pregnant after deciding to adopt or after actually adopting a new baby! Certainly not science, but it does seem to happen fairly often. Anyway, I hope she continues to feel well!
I got a little teary eyed. So exciting!
That made me cry!! I blame it on my own pregnancy hormones. That is so sweet. I love it. Tell her congratulations for me.
oh man that totally gave me chills even when I knew what she was going to say lol I am so happy for them and love the fact that you guys recorded it what an awesome memory for them to have...
That video totally made me cry. So exciting!
Post a Comment