Saturday, March 5, 2011

Annie's Prayer Part 2

My (saintly) parents took my two eldest children today for about 7 hours or so.  (Greg and I stayed home with Isaac and got lots done.  Well, I read a book and did some dishes.  Greg replaced rotors on his truck, changed oil in both vehicles and vacuumed out my van.  He possibly wins on the productive front.)  Anyway, the girls were excited to go up by Logan to see the elk at Hardware Ranch.  If you've never heard of it, it's a large working ranch where you get on big horse drawn sleighs, and they take you out into a big field where lots (usually) of elk are just hanging out and eating (the strategically planted food).  This is one part tourism draw and one part giving the animals some easy food during Winter.
They were also getting to meet up with Aunt Lacy in Logan too, another perk of the trip.
The girls were so excited -- until they got up there and found that it was closed for the season.  They had the last sleigh ride on Monday.  They still got to see some elk from farther away, and then Grandma and Grandpa took them out to lunch and to the Dollar Store to buy a 'prize', and on the way home went to an airplane museum in Ogden.  Everyone still had a lot of fun, although my father is possibly still grumbling about driving all morning just to eat at Rumbi's.
Still, the girls excitedly told me all about the airplanes they saw, and how "hoog" (Ellie's way of saying huge) they were. 
But it made me laugh when Annie was praying tonight and said, "Thank you we got to go and see the elk.  Please bless that next year we will remember that we have to go before March to ride the sleigh and see the elk up closer . . . "

An update on our dairy/yeast/sugar-free diet.  Going pretty well actually.  We're all eating food we really enjoy, and trying our best to ignore the food we really, really enjoy.  :-)  Ellie's eczema is very quickly looking the best it ever has . . . it's been amazing how much it's cleared up already.  Another happy side effect of all this healthy eating -- I'm now down five pounds since Wednesday.  This is helping me to make up any lost ground in our Biggest Loser competition -- that whole (horrible) month of February really worked out to be useless on the weight loss front, so this gets me back in the game . . .

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I say if the sleigh ride is closed down than west have warm weather from this point on!

Talina said...

I'm glad the girls had fun, though I'm sure Dad was dissapointed. I'm glad the food changes are going well. It's crazy how fast you feel different and hopefully the weight will continue to come off. I lost a bunch in those first 2 weeks and lost a bit more even after I added many of the foods back in. Good luck! I'm so proud of you! I can't imagine making those changes not only for myself but for 3 small kids as well!

Kerry said...

Love Annie's perspective! Can you believe she and Jackson are going to be FIVE?!! They are growing up so quickly.