Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Miss Ellie

Last night, I was telling Greg all about Ellie's Early Intervention Intake/Evaluation experience, and I was sharing one story with him that had him laughing so hard that I couldn't believe I'd forgotten to mention it to others I'd talked to throughout the day!

At one point in the evaluation, the therapist had gotten out three objects: a shoe, a ball and a cup. She then asked Ellie questions about the purposes of each item. "Which one do you throw?" caused Ellie to grab the ball with lightening speed and chuck in across the front room. Impressively. The therapist even whistled and said, "Good arm!"

But my favorite moment of the entire evaluation was a perfect example of Ellie's personality and humor that came shining through during this activity. "Which one do you put on your foot?" Ellie immediately reached for the shoe, but then froze the second before she picked it up. A mischevious grin spread across her face, and she leaned over and grabbed the cup instead, stuck it on her foot, then lifted her cup-covered-foot up into the air triumphantly and gave the therapist her best "how cute am I?" smile.

Then, just for fun -- here's a picture of what Ellie's wearing this morning.
Yet another thing that'll make her Dad smile:

Big sister Annie ready for dance class (well, except her hair isn't pulled back yet -- I've been avoiding the freakout and tears until the last possible moment) and Little Ute Ellie sitting together in their respective thrones. They drag these chairs all over the house to set up court.
"Cheese!"


And then here's just a photo from an outfit she picked out the other day:

4 comments:

The Daltons said...

Your kids are so cute and funny!

Jessi said...

Ellie's hair is such a pretty color, and it is getting so thick and long. She is so cute.

Talina said...

I love Ellie's smile after saying, "Cheese!"

Chrystal said...

2-year old outfits are the best.