Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Happy Birthday Andrea!
Greg's youngest sister's birthday is today! She's one more reason we're so grateful to live so close by so much family! The girls love to play with their Aunt Andrea, and Annie's been excitedly singing "Happy Birthday" to her all morning!



Here's Annie her first Christmas Eve with Aunt Andrea . . . when people ask me where Annie gets her curly hair, Greg's and my little sisters are exhibits A and B! Annie also has Andrea's ears -- I'm talking exactly, she has the same little dimple on the back of her ear as her Aunt Andrea does.

Andrea with the girls in 2008.
Andrea and Ellie at the girls' birthday party last May. You can totally see the family resemblance, right?
One of my favorite pictures from Yellowstone -- Greg and Andrea walking down one of the pathways with teeny tiny Ellie.
Andrea being tickled by Connor and Annie in Logan on the way home from Yellowstone.

I told Annie I was going to be putting together a blog post about Aunt Andrea's birthday, and she insisted on helping. So, turning the time over to Annie:
I love you and I love you over at Grandma Ruth's house. And I love Grandma Ruth too. That's what. Mom, why is Andrea having another birthday if she had one before with us [we had a birthday lunch on Saturday since Andrea's going on vacation this week] AND going to Disneyland for her birthday? [We had to take a quick break here while I explained the difference between a birthday party and an actual birthday.]
I love Andrea, she is very nice, but Uncle James tickles me. I love that she has two birthdays. I like that she plays without tickling us as much as Uncle James does. She has a cat! I can write cat, Mom. It's "C". And then . . . um. What comes next Mom? Nevermind, can we watch Cinderella?

So, there were the random thoughts from Annie to her Aunt on her birthday!

Then, my favorite part of all this, was Ellie was sitting on my lap, saw the picture above and said, "Annra!" (Something she hasn't said before). And then mimed tickling herself and laughed and pointed at the picture again.

2 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talina said...

I love Annie's ramblings. And that's awesome that Ellie's added another name to her repertoire. Let's hope it's one that she uses repeatedly instead of "Na." (which is either "Star" specifically or "Aunt" generally).