Saturday, February 6, 2010

Unfair!

This was the first time I'd ever noticed this, but the racks of girls clothing (especially clearance racks) WAY outnumber the racks of boy clothing. And now that I have some little boy shopping to do, I'm finding this quite obnoxious! Where's my racks of winter clearance outfits for a baby boy!?

10 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Yeah. It sucks. And the clearance boy stuff is usually way uglier than the clearance girl stuff. Also, have you noticed that the boy section is usually 1/3 of the store and the girls get 2/3? Yep. I blame sexism!

Sare said...

Check the classified ads. There are boxes and boxes of barely used clothes out there just waiting to be had. Most you can get for a dollar apiece. Gotta love those classifieds.

Vala said...

Ha! Yes - you are right. I noticed this, too, when I found out I was pregnant with a boy. I don't think it ever ends, either. Girl stuff is just so much cuter and easier to find. TOTALLY OBNOXIOUS!

The Daltons said...

I totally agree!! I noticed the same thing when I started shopping for Ryker.

Ashley said...

Totally its the worst I hate shopping for boy clothes everything is blue green or red and has either sports balls or dinos on them. It gets really old. I agree with going on the classifieds I have got a bunch of stuff for the new baby off that. I am glad that I dont need much clothes cuz of the huge supply I had from Dallin. But it does suck there is never anything for boys anywhere.

Kerry said...

lol .. yeah shopping for boys isn't nearly as fun as shopping for girls. But you'll find cute stuff. Carters outlet in Park City usually has some great deals and super cute stuff. I can't imagine having a girl at this point and not having my plethera of hand-me-downs to work with.

Howard Family said...

agree with all the above, boy stuff is hard to find and not usually very cute, if you want to stay away from the sports and dino's then you can usually find some cute stuff at Tj Max, Ross not usually so good for boys, except for shoes, and actually Target sometimes has some really cute stuff, unfortunately its not always on the clearance rack

Meg said...

Yeah that stinks. Kohls has a lot on clearance right now. Not sure if you shop there much.

Hilary said...

Maybe some of you more experienced Mom's of boys could take me out shopping! :-)
Oh, and Meghan, yes, we shop Kohl's. Never without a 30% off coupon, but it is where like 70% of our Christmas budget was spent!

Chrystal said...

Yes, welcome to the sad world of boy clothing. I view it as a treasure hunt because it's so hard to find, but there ARE cute things out there. The challenge for me is finding something without some cutesy saying on it. Why does all boy clothing have a saying on it?! I like shopping Gymboree's clearance racks, but beware--their clothes run small and are hard to get over large-headed children. Kid-to-Kid is great too.