So, last night (on a whim), I ordered an iPod nano. It'll be my very first iPod (first MP3 player in general -- I'm quite behind on the times). (Did you know it has a built in video recorder (yay!), but not a still camera (whathuh)? Seems like an oversight to me.) Oh, and it'll be purple. Annie's decision. Actually, her first choice was the hot pink, but I made her pick between blue, purple and black.
I also ordered the Hypnobabies Home Study Course (which I will load the CD's tracks onto my brand new iPod, of course), to help me prepare for birth and hopefully relax and unwind enough to stop waking up several times during the night for no apparent reason. (I hate pregnancy insomnia). I was on a bit of an online shopping spree last night.
All of this frivolous spending was due to a fairly decent sized tax return. Most of the money has now been earmarked for the shed of Greg's dreams, the last small stretch of fence needed to corral our children in the backyard, and a sandbox for the kids. But, this was my share of it. And I'm pretty excited . . . I've spent a nice chunk of my morning organizing things on iTunes, in preparation for my iPod's arrival (sometime next week or later, though.) It should be fun.
(Although, really, why am I thanking the government . . . I'm just getting back money I overpaid them in the first place. So, instead, Thank you Hilary and Greg, for not adjusting your withholdings accordingly, and getting a nice chunk of your own money back, after it's been held interest free all year for you!)
3 comments:
Oh you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! My iPod without doubt is one of my favorite things in the whole world! Congrats!
Nice work making good use of the tax return. Let me know how you like the hypnobabies course. Justin and I took a hypnobirthing class during our first pregnancy and loved it. (Well, at least I loved it. Justin endured it very supportively, coached me through my first delivery, and then let me listen to self-relaxation tracks on subsequent deliveries. Such a good sport.)
Yay for tax returns!
It's really hard NOT to think of tax return money as extra money. And I KNOW it's not the smartest move, financially, to get a large tax return but I really like getting this boon of money each February. So yay for not adjusting your withholdings!
Post a Comment