Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Under Contract

So, we're officially under contract on both selling and buying a home. That happened ridiculously fast. Our entire realtor's office is shocked that we sold as quick as we did in this market (the offer came in about three weeks after we put the house up). And surprisingly we found a house we really like that was just a regular ol' for sale house, not bank owned, not a short sale, just someone selling their house 'cause they want to move, not because they're losing it. (Which means far fewer kicked in walls or broken windows. Actually, the house is immaculate, it's the very first one that I saw that I didn't feel the immediate need to recarpet or repaint; this one we can actually just move right into without our skin crawling with other people's cooties.) And, because the market there is FLOODED with these short sale properties, and this family wanted to move before Christmas, the house was priced to sale, and we got pretty much the same exact deal we would've on one of the short sales without the 45-90 day hassle. So, we're pretty excited. It wasn't our first choice (our first choice cruelly disappeared off the market one day, as the sellers renegotiated their interest rate with their bank and they got to stay (good for them)), but it's a great house, a 2001 with four bedrooms and three baths, in a cute circle within walking distance of three parks (including one splash park), in a really great neighborhood with super friendly neighbors (including a three year old girl who lives right next door.) I LOVE the master bedroom, being that it's about twice the size of our current one, with a walk in closet that, in a pinch, could serve as another bedroom, and a huge master bath all to our very ownselves. I'm pretty psyched about the 'all of this is our very own space' stuff. Cute basement playroom, including an 'under-the-stairs-hide-out' area that Annie thinks is the coolest thing she's ever seen. And it's on .24 acres, which Greg loves, 'cause everytime he looks at that backyard all he can see is his garage being extended back into a large woodshop. Anyway, we're really excited . . . now we just kind of wait and see while all of this continues to fall into place and we find out where we'll be living over Christmas!





15 comments:

Star said...

It's Cute! When do you get to move in?

Star said...

I really like the porch. But you are going to have to remodel that bedroom.

WonderKitty said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to come over for a house warming party!

JAB0218 said...

Congratulations! Where is it at? It looks really nice and in great condition. We are in the market for a house and it is so hard to find what you are looking for.

maidmarian4 said...

Too cool! Congrats to you and Greg! :)

Shannon said...

I am going to say CONGRATS!!! I have to bite my tongue because I am intensely jealous. We have been scoping the housing market for several months now, but just aren't quite ready to commit, but seeing your new, big house makes me want it bad. Anyway, just curious, where is this new abode? Hope everything continues to work out as planned!

Anonymous said...

Cute house. Congratulations. We'll be sad to see you leave!

Sare said...

ooh, I see a tetherball setup in the backyard. We could play doubles just like in grade school! It looks awesome. I'm anxious to see your new neighborhood in person someday...

Talina said...

So you got the house?!? Yay!

Marlie said...

Hi Hilary! So fun to be back in touch. What beautiful little girls. Darling. You'll see that I am horrible with blogging, but I try to update every now and again. Anyway, I'm so glad to know about your blog. Love ya!

Jessi said...

I am a little late to comment, but I am so excited that Annie got her toy house, the one with the downstairs toys!

Anonymous said...

you have tetherball in the backyard. I will be over with friends everyday.

Lani said...

Yay! What an awesome place! I am so impressed that it all worked out so smoothly (at least so far). In this market, that's HUGE! Congrats!!

Jackie H said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful. I sit here feeling pangs of jealousy. We're moving in May though, so our turn will be soon...hopefully.

Bobbi said...

CONGRATS, HILARY!! The house sounds AMAZING! Close to parks? Kids next door? What more could you want?!! How exciting for you! It's awesome to hear that everything is falling in place so neatly!! That must make it really feel "meant to be"!! Congrats again!!!