Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday night we all got together to celebrate my sister Talina's birthday together -- with a bunch of sick babies in tow :-)  Owen was miserable, barely able to keep his head up.  My niece Bailey was sick, but fortunately the Ibuprofen kicked in and she perked up.  Isaac wasn't feeling well and was pretty grumpy.  Even more so when we had Grandma give him a (much needed) hair cut.  I'm gonna miss those curls though!  I need to get a picture of him with it all done now and get it up here, 'cause I can't believe how grown up it makes him look!


 Just a reminder of what it looked like a couple days ago . . . and yes, he does occasionally wear shirts.  Even more often than he wears pants . . .

And, what blog post would be complete nowadays without my most recent facebook updates . . . what can I say, I'm a sucker for instant gratification -- facebook's so much quicker and interactive than the blog!

January 21, 2013
My children are very intelligent. Choosing to wait until exactly 10 minutes before Dad was going to be coming through the door to PAINT MY ENTIRE KITCHEN FLOOR WITH ACRYLIC PAINT was probably a good move on their part and quite possibly saved their lives . . .
Dad is now dealing with the repercussions to their actions and now that I've cleaned the floor, I'm sitting up in my room in quarantine taking deep, cleansing breaths. I think Dad's going to be handling a solo-FHE tonight, all about respecting our home and property.

Follow up comment:
I got it all up, mainly 'cause it was still pretty wet . . . the clothes they were wearing are RUINED. And they've been informed that they will be doing extra chores to make money towards the cost of those skirts . . .
Now they are folding clothes. After they cleaned the front room and Annie straightened the toy room. And Ellie straightened up the boys room and helped wash the bathroom floor. I was pretty determined that the time I spent cleaning the floor was going to be made up for . . . 
(Thinking about this now -- I wish I would've gotten a picture.  At the time though, all I could think of was my floor being potentially permanently destroyed and just making it 'til Greg got home without killing the kids -- the thought of a camera never came to mind . . . )
 
Just made chicken noodle & quinoa soup and the most gratifying thing in the entire world is the baby just lapping it up after refusing any solids that weren't graham crackers for the past four days . . .
 
January 20, 2013
Took Owen into Instacare tonight.
Turns out there was a three hour wait.
Is it bad that I looked at him, decided he didn't look THAT sick and we could just take him in tomorrow to his regular doctor, and we just headed home?
(To my credit, I did have a nurse I know listen to his lungs to make sure he wasn't having a hard time breathing, like Isaac has been, and with them checking out, there wasn't anything that couldn't wait 'til tomorrow. 'Cause, seriously!? Three hours in a waiting room with other urgently sick people -- he'd catch more bugs in that three hours than he already has!!) :-)
 
Isaac just put away the silverware, and Ellie is dusting the blinds (you know, kinda, not really, but she's trying) -- each day is a day closer to having trained minions to do my housework! Mwah ha ha ha!
 
January 19, 2013
Watching Annie and her Uncle Cody play Monopoly (as he's made her banker and talking her through handling all the money -- in English and Spanish) just totally melts my heart :-) How did I end up with such a cute little brother and an even cuter little girl!?  (This was after their ice cream date to Arctic Circle, and before Ellie joined them at the Rec Center to go swimming, then came home and hopped into the big jetted bathtub, still in swimsuits and filled it up with bubbles!  The girls really, really love Cody coming home from college.)






January 18, 2013
Five minutes before bus was going to be here, Owen threw up all over the carpet -- so I yelled down to Annie to watch out the window for the bus, and then got to work bathing the baby and carpet shampooing (best purchase EVER) -- at 8:13 Annie came upstairs to tell me she'd forgotten to stay by the window and had missed the bus. The baby was in the tub, and the toddler was running around without a diaper and Annie's near tears 'cause she's going to be late to school now (Ellie was oblivious to all the drama and was just happily watching 'Veggie Tales'). How grateful for am I for AWESOME neighbors like Carolynn who came by and picked up Annie and took her to school for me so Annie wouldn't have to wait for everyone to be ready and be even later for school. Thank you to everyone who's helped us out over this last couple months -- hard things are way easier to do with good friends!

January 17, 2013
I'm impressed by Annie getting 100% on her accelerated spelling lists -- but even MORE impressed by her awesome handwriting!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I was so hoping there was going to be a kitchen floor photo. Maybe you could have them recreate that very special moment. Ha! Ha! Just kidding. Maybe you could use your photoshop skills and recreate it yourself, though. :-)