Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pictures

I have a bunch of pictures, and of course, a couple facebook updates.  'Cause that's about all I'm good for when it comes to blogging nowadays, plus nobody wants to hear about my crappy nights sleep all week, with Owen puking last night, Isaac puking the couple nights before, nobody sleeping . . .

Anyway, cute pictures of Owen!

Sickly pictures of poor Isaac -- he's totally getting his butt kicked by this virus (sick all week -- fevers, Instacare visits for multiple breathing treatments (that was a bit scary), sore achy body, and a snotty nose).
 

His feverish naps brought out the best in his curls though . . .
 

 January 12, 2013
Poor Isaac has Annie's fever and cough now, and he's miserable. He kept me up all night long with his whimpering, coughing and general grumpiness. The one highlight of being woken up all night long was when he suddenly sat up at 2AM and shouted, "Mom, I need agua! Agua Mom, now!" So, Annie's Spanish is rubbing off on her younger (possibly delirious) siblings . . .

January 10, 2013
Ellie is my amazing bundle of energy and joy, exuberant and spastic -- which is something about her I admire and am in awe of -- it's unfortunately, also something that often tries my patience and is fairly destructive :-) This morning she bounded up the stairs with a half gallon of almond milk in hand -- "Mom!" she bellowed, "I need help opening this!" I opened the lid, took off the seal, and screwed the lid back on (though not tightly, since she was taking it right back downstairs for breakfast). She happily skipped off, got to the top of the stairs, then proceeded to THROW THE ALMOND MILK DOWN THE STAIRS. I heard it crash down the stairs onto the landing, and by some miracle it did not explode, spill or even leak. But it was just SUCH an Ellie thing to do. No thought of consequences, just exuberance that threatens to destroy my home :-)

 Woo hoo! I returned my heart monitor today! Thirty days of monitoring done and they never called me into the hospital, so at least they never saw anything really scary or dangerous! They'll still need to look over and analyze the thirty days worth of information they got about my heart, but the fact I was never told to come in immediately means we've most likely ruled out anything major! So glad that part of this medical drama is over with -- my skin is raw from all the places I've had leads stuck to me the last month, and it's awesome to not have wires all over the place for the kids to pull on! :-) Isaac seems to miss it though, and keeps asking me where my "heart onitor" is. :-)

January 9, 2012
Isaac was in the backseat, just chattering away, when he suddenly started to tell me a story about some frogs. "These green frogs, they were just sitting there. With bugs all in their mouth. Most delicious bugs. They said "yum yum" on their log. It was speckled. Then they jumped in, but there were more frogs, with bugs in their mouths. Delicious bugs. And the frogs were speckled and just sitting on a log until they jumped into a pool. They had bugs in their mouths, and they were speckled. Then when they jumped in they said, 'Glub, glub'." The whole time Greg and I are laughing, 'cause Annie's listening to Spanish kids song, and the CD is playing the Spanish version of "Five Green and Speckled Frogs" and it must've clicked in Isaac's mind on one level, but he just sat there telling me this story, never realizing that the song was playing in the background. Funnier if you were there, but Greg and I could not stop laughing.

 
 

2 comments:

Jessi said...

His curls are gorgeous! Sorry you have been sickly.

Kerry said...

Sorry about all the sickness!!

I rarely get sick and we all got this crazy virus going around right around Christmas. I was sick for over a month!! Takes forever to go away.