Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Morning . . . Every Morning

Every morning I walk into Isaac's room, where he's awake and sitting up in bed.  He lights up when he sees me, "Momma!"  He starts gathering his various blankets and a stuffed animal or two and with his arms stuffed to capacity, and starts to hand me things one at a time, naming each one.  "Boo banket."  "Blue blanket, OK."  "Bear banket?"  "OK, bear blanket."  "Pooh?"  "Winnie the Pooh, check."  "Today bear?"  "Cody bear."  (It's a Build a Bear in a Missionary outfit, with my little brother Cody's voice saying, "Hi Isaac!  This is Cody.  You don't know this yet, but I'm your FAVORITE Uncle.  I love you!"  "Ehmo banket?"  "OK, Elmo blanket. You ready, Bug?"  He grins, then he finally reaches his little hands in my direction, "Out!"

As we leave his room, he asks, "Ere Daddy?"  "Daddy's at work, Bug."  "Daddy at wort?"  "Yep, Dad's at work."  "Daddy at wort," he says firmly and moves on to his next question.  "Baby Owen?"  "Baby Owen is asleep."  "Baby Owen seeping?"  "Yep, he's asleep."  "Baby Owen seep," he confirms definitively.  We walk into my room, where Ellie's sitting in bed, watching "Sesame Street" (or "Curious George" if I was lucky enough to have Isaac sleep past 7AM.  I'm pretty much never lucky enough to have Ellie sleep past 7.)  I set him on the bed, he turns and exclaims, "Wow! It Eh-yee!  Eh-yee Momma!"  "Yep, Ellie's already up."  "An' 'ere Daddy?"  "He's at work, kiddo."  "An' Owen seeping?"  "Yep, Owen's still sleeping."  "Eh-yee watch Ehmo/Cat?"  "Yep, Ellie's watching TV."  "An' An-yee?"  "Annie's still in bed."  "In bed?"  "Yep."  "An' Daddy? At wort?" . . . .

I think we spent the first 10-15 minutes of Isaac's day establishing where the whole family is at that particular moment.  And it's one of my favorite parts of my day.

And yes, Dad is still at work.  

6 comments:

Ashley said...

ha ha I love that. Logan does the same thing. You are not allowed to pick him up out of the crib until he can fit nothing else in his arms lol so fun. And Owen is getting so big already its crazy.

Megan said...

That is so cute. I love love love when they are learning to talk!

andrea kay said...

I love it! He is so cute! Miss you guys!

Jessi said...

Isaac is the amazing talking baby! Seriously.

Quinn and I very similar conversations, although she strings less words together, but I certainly get the point that she misses her dad when he is at work!

Talina said...

That is so cute! I love how he verifies everything. His language skills are awesome.
Also, I'm sorry that they often wake you before 7am. I'm not sure how you do it with a newborn and early-bird toddlers.

Sare said...

That's a lot of people for a little boy to keep track of. Sounds like he's growing up to be a concerned individual for the well-being of others. :)