A few months ago, we couldn't get the girls to provide us with a Christmas list to save our lives. For well over a month, all we could get out of them was, "Gum." That eventually got more specific, as they both clearly wanted Bubble Tape, in Santa packaging. We got as far as Annie asking for roller skates, and Ellie falling in line with her big sister.
So I was a bit surprised when Ellie burst into my room and enthusiastically cried out, "Mom, I want a doll for Christmas!" "Um, okay." "And a race car! With buttons! Girl ones! That you can push!" "Um, a race car?" "Yeah. With a driver with red hair! Like Strawberry Shortcake. And another girl in the car! But with two steering wheels, so they both have one. But I have the buttons, so I'm really driving." "Um, I don't know if . . ." "And I want a thing that turns around [as she swirls her hand in a tight rapid circle], but not that turns around [much wider hand circles]. I wanna one that doesn't go by itself. I have to help it." "Um, are we still talking about a remote control car?" "Yeah. I wanna help it. Pushing buttons. I don't want it to go by itself, I want to help it." "Um . . . " "I think that's all for now." She turns abruptly and starts to walk out of the room, then gets to the door, turns around and fist pumps in the air, "I can't WAIT for Christmas!"
Um . . .
2 comments:
Well, when she has such specific demands, it's smart to give Santa 10 months to find her a remote control car with girl buttons that goes in smaller circles co-driven by a redhead and another female driver.
Good hunting, Hil :)
If you find one.... Buy it ASAP! I love that Ellie girl!
Post a Comment