Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend Pictures



My cousin Makayla had her Mission Homecoming on Sunday, so after Church, we all headed to my Aunt Judy's house for the afternoon.  The kids had so much fun seeing all the extended family, especially the second cousins.  In fact, Ellie's prayer last night at Family Home Evening went something like this, "Thank you for Jesus and for Makayla.  Thank you for Makayla's mission so that we got to go play with Jaxson and Kenzie.  I LOVE playing with Kenzie and Jaxson, especially in the basement with the toys." 

Isaac was a fan of the food.  Well, the desserts, at least.  When I walked into this scene I asked Greg if maybe a sugar cookie would've made more sense for the one year old than the Red Velvet cupcake . . . :-)  


Isaac had fun playing on the pool table, putting the balls in the various pockets.  Interesting fun fact we learned -- Isaac can count to 10!  Yeah, I didn't know that.  My sister Star called me down and was all, 'Watch this!' and she's hand a ball to Isaac, he'd count it, then put it in the pocket closest to him.  He struggles sometimes with numbers 3 & 4, but from 5 on he has no problem at all . . . 

Since we were all dressed up and all (except Owen, 'cause he just wears pajamas 24-7), we figured we might as well get a 'family photo' of all of us in one place . . .


My adorable little boys.

 And then today, I snapped a couple adorable sleeping pictures of Owen.  'Cause he's sleeping less nowadays and I want to remember this; plus, is there anything more adorable than a sleeping baby?!


Speaking of sleep, guess who went SIX hours between feedings last night?  The kid did not wake up until 4AM.  That's amazing.  I think Annie was nearing a year old before she was sleeping that long of a stretch :-)  I don't want to get my hopes up too much that this'll be our new norm, but MAN, do I love me a sleeping baby!  Makes life so much easier! :-)

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Quinn loves the pictures of Owen. She has squealed, smiled, and hugged herself in delight over them. I can't blame her, because he is that sweet.

I also love the pictures of Isaac eating the very red cupcake in his very light clothes!

Jessi said...

And counting! Holy cow!!!!!!!!!

Talina said...

I love Ellie's prayer! That is so cute. Also, no, there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.

Megan said...

You have the sweetest little family! Owen is so cute!!!