Sunday, January 8, 2012

Owen's First Family Party

So, Owen attended his first extended family party, at the ripe old age of 8 days old.  It was my Grandma's 80th birthday party, and we'd planned a surprise party for her.  My sisters and I set up shop at my Mom's house, while my parents and Aunts and Uncles had my Grandparents out to dinner.  Before my grandparents and the older generations of the family (um, sorry Mom) showed up, we played around with the camera and took some of the first 'family' photos where Greg and I both show up in the picture with all four of our children.

One of the surprises for my Grandma was that my sister Star had gone by the home my Uncle Karl lives in, and picked him up for the party.  Karl LOVES birthday parties, and hates to miss any of them.  He also had been talking about meeting 'Baby Owen' ever since he heard I'd had the baby, so we couldn't wait to get some pictures of the two of them meeting for the first time . . .  
Karl giving Owen 'eskimo kisses' on his arm

 My Aunt Judy and Uncle Jerry meeting Owen for the first time.

My grandparents had fun holding their two newest great grandchildren.
Here's the birthday girl herself with my niece Bailey and my Grandpa with Owen. 



 I had to get some pictures of Owen in his car seat . . . the first was when he was first put in the seat, the second was approximately 4 minutes later.
It was fun to have my extended family all get to see the kids -- cousins, Great Aunts, Aunts and Uncles, all getting to meet Owen for the first time.  It was even worth my anxiety about all those germs :-)

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Love the first family photo.

Love how Isaac is always pointing at Own with a smile in his face.

Love the picture of Karl giving the baby Eskimo kisses.

And I love the mad car seat shot and how tiny he looks in his car seat.

Whole lotta love here!

Talina said...

Oh, the picture of you with your two little boys is ADORABLE! I love how excited Isaac is about Owen!!! . . . and how all babies are now "Owen." Well, I guess I don't know if ALL babies are Owen, or if Isaac has just started calling my baby Owen :)
And the car seat pictures are AWESOME! That color of red is impressive. Bailey always freaks out when we put her into her car seat but then calms quickly, but Owen's 180 is impressive :)

Liz Johnson said...

That first picture is amazing! And I love the one of just you and Owen that's all cropped... you should use that as your FB profile pic. :)

And that carseat before/after is PRICELESS. I feel that way about getting in the car sometimes. :)

Ashley said...

So cute we were sad we were not able to come both my kids are sick again and I wasnt going to bring them around the new baby. He is so sweet and even when it was not that long ago you forget how small they start out. And by the way you look amazing for just having a baby a week ago :)

Kerry said...

So adorable. I love the picture of him in his car seat, going from angry to sleeping. LOVE me a sleepy, cuddly baby.