Good news. Isaac seems to be over the worst of it. His little body is returning to normal and he seems to be bouncing back from his latest major illness. We never did get any answers. The lab royally screwed up our best chance of finding out what was wrong. Not that I'm bitter. But, he's getting better. Of course, with his immune system weakened by a nearly month long illness, it shouldn't really be a surprise that he has the same cough and congestion that everyone else in our family has had. Although it's Ellie who seems to have been hit hardest by it. She refused to go anywhere today, informing me she was sick and should stay home in pajamas all day. I couldn't really argue that. :-) Both little kids are a bit on the grumpy side, so I took Annie with me this evening and went to two different wedding receptions, getting home after 9:30 tonight. Annie LOVED her 'grown up' time with Mom, Grandma and Grandpa, and Talina and David. She was especially a fan of the candy bagging tables at both receptions. Ellie, on the other hand, had the time of her life staying home with just Dad, and making cookies. (Greg also had made dinner. It was awesome, as were the cookies. So I couldn't even be bugged that EVERY. SINGLE. DISH we own was now lying dirty in the sink or on the counter or on the stove top or on the table or on the floor . . . you get the idea.)
Isaac is back to sleeping through the night (for the most part), except that he LOVES waking up before 6AM. Greg and I now refuse to acknowledge awakeness (other than a quick diaper check) until after 6AM. So far neither side seems to be budging on this.
The girls, on the other hand, have conspired against us (along with the virus causing their coughs). They take turns coughing until we wake up, having nightmares that wake us up, or TALKING IN THEIR FREAKING SLEEP . . . usually in a, "MOM! Come quick! Help!" kinda way that makes adrenaline shoot through me as I spring from my bed (difficult to 'spring' at 33 weeks pregnant) and run into their room, only to find the talker is soundly asleep. Sigh. Neither of them have ever really been sleep talkers, and yet last night, I know Annie called out for us several times, and Ellie contributed once or twice to the Mom-rousing-conversation last night.
But all in all, things seem to be on an upswing. Having Isaac not being stressful-levels-of-sick is doing a wonder for mine and everyone else's mood.
And thanks everyone for all the sweet comments on my last post . . . it is nice to know that I'm a.) not alone, and b.) not annoying everyone if I complain about something stressful in my life :-)
1 comment:
I am glad things are looking up and everyone is starting to slowly feel better!
Post a Comment