Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween, Piano Recital, and a Sick Baby

Annie had her first ever Piano Recital this weekend.  
Unfortunately, her Mom is a video camera idiot, so not only is this first video blurry, but I somehow (without my knowledge) didn't even RECORD the second song she played (a more difficult, "In the Jungle.")
Isaac, Ellie and Annie enjoying the refreshments afterwards.

Then pictures from yesterday, before Trick or Treating.




The weather could not have been more perfect, and the girls enjoyed over TWO HOURS of trick or treating last night!  (One hour in our neighborhood, then up to my parent's neighborhood for a spook alley and some more trick or treating.)  Poor Isaac though, never even got into his costume last night.  He's been so very, very sick (almost necessitating a hospital visit on Sunday, but fortunately, he finally stopped throwing up and we've been able to keep him hydrated since), and was down for a nap the first half of trick or treating, and was up screaming during the second half.  The kid is guzzling down the pedialyte (to the tune of about 50-80 ounces a day), and starting to eat a bit more, so amazingly he hasn't lost any weight.  (I was SHOCKED when we had him weighed at the doctor's today, that he hadn't lost anything since last Thursday when we had been there last . . . apparently pedialyte, crackers and bananas are somehow enough to keep him from wasting away.) Him staying the same weight is really saying something, when you realize that just from blow out diapers, we went through every last crib sheet we own between 5AM-8AM this morning; we're changing diapers 3-4 times an hour during his waking hours, and we've had two nights we've run out of clean pajamas . . . and that's with us doing about 3 large loads of laundry a day since Sunday.  It's been really heartbreaking to see him this sick, and I'm hoping the latest tests they are running at the hospital will get us some answers, but this may just be a case of a particularly nasty stomach bug we have to wait out.  It's been kinda funny to see him with a bottle -- the kid has never taken a bottle before, other than the one I cut the tip off of that I serve him his morning spinach smoothies in.  But suddenly, he's attached to one 24-7, and is drinking from a pedialyte filled bottle pretty much around the clock.  Watch, he'll end up attached to one at 16 months old and I'll have to wean him from it :-)
Isaac, Ellie and their two week old cousin Bailey were all supposed to be matching pumpkins for Halloween, but unfortunately Isaac never got dressed up and there's no way we're bringing a two week old anywhere near anyone at our house, so unfortunately we have no pictures this Halloween of the tiny trio.  Maybe we'll do a makeup photo session next week?

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sick baby. Sick kids are so hard. Glad that your girls were still able to make the most of the holiday.

I love the picture of Annie riding her bike in her costume. Super cute!

Jessi said...

Sorry Isaac has been so sick! Looks like Halloween was a lot of fun for your girls!

Ashley said...

Oh so sad there is something going around at the start of last week dallin was throwing up and then it went to Logan for a few days then David was sick on sat and then Dallin was throwing up again last night. Oh I feel for you. I hope that he feels better soon. And the girls looked adorable :)