Tuesday, July 12, 2011

That Sounds Like . . .

I've mentioned before that Isaac is a chatterbox.  I'm talking long rambly conversations that convince you that if you just understood the language he was speaking, it would clearly be complete sentences and thoughts.  Sometimes though, he says something so completely familiar looking, that it causes everyone around him to stop and stare.  I mentioned that our doctor was quite convinced she heard "What's that?" and "Thank you" from Isaac.  And when we were at a wedding reception on Saturday, Isaac kept reaching for women's necklaces and saying a word that sounded a lot like 'necklace'.  Or today when we were on crawling down the stairs (something Isaac hates -- much like Ellie, he believes he should just be carried down all stairs.)  After crawling down a few on his belly, I clapped and he triumphantly squealed, "I-di-it!"  I laughed and clapped, "You did do it!"

The one that blew Greg and I away the other day was when Isaac walked up to where Greg was sitting in the computer chair, lifted his little arms up, and almost as clearly as Ellie would say it, spouted out, "Wannasitonyalap."  Greg and I looked up at each other in shock and both said, "Did you hear that?!"

Of course, he hasn't said 'necklace' since, despite the fact I wore one all Sunday as an enticement to get him to say it again.  As far as his sentence long ramblings, I doubt we'll hear repeats of those any time soon.  It's just so interesting to hear what comes out of a mouth that never stops talking!  (I kind of imagine it to be one of those 'if a million monkeys on a million typewriters' type of things -- he's bound to hit on the right sounds some of the time when he chatters them nonstop!)  :-)

He's also taken off walking.  It went from slow, wobbly steps, to pretty confident cruising around the room in just the last day or so.  He looks so grown up walking!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

He is such a babbly baby. He is going to be talking in sentences before we know it!

Talina said...

I'm convinced he is composing full-length sonnets when he is babbling and we just can't understand him yet :)