Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Look Who's One!

Wow.  My baby boy turned one today.  I can't even think of what to say beyond that, 'cause it's still sinking in. 
I could not love this little kid any more than I do.  He's growing up right before my eyes, and I'm constantly amazed at what he's doing, learning and how well he navigates the world around him.  I can't imagine my life without this little boy -- and I get a bit emotional at the thought of my baby only being the baby in the family for another six months . . . 
I love you Bugaboo!
Happy Birthday!

Isaac was pretty taken with his GIGANTIC (53 inch) teddy bear that Grandma Karine surprised him with today!


Isaac opening his first wrapped gift (and yes, I know the wrapping paper says 'Noel' . . . my Dad mocked me mercilessly . . . have I mentioned I feel like throwing up the vast majority of the day?  I'm not exactly bringing my 'A' game this year on the birthday party front!  I've had a few people ask me when his birthday party will be . . . to which I respond with a 'deer in the headlights look and an, "awww, man!"  I knew I forgot something this year!)  He ripped that one piece of paper, then we let his sister's rip everything else open, since he had about zero interest.  Then on the bottom, Ellie fell asleep at the dinner table, sitting straight up in her chair.  She was so tired (and grumpy!) today while Isaac was opening gifts!  And lastly, before she melted down and fell asleep, here's Ellie giving Bear a piggy back ride.  Isaac loves the bear -- his sisters love it approximately ONE TRILLION times more.  They've never been so excited about a toy they didn't actually receive!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Happy official Birthday to Isaac! Looks like a fun day! That bear is huge! And I love the picture of Ellie sleeping in the chair!

Ashley said...

So fun I felt the same way about Logan turning one how is it that they are already one??? So sad he is so stinkin cute Happy Birthday Isaac!!!! And who would of thought that you would be having another one alrady lol Hope your feeling good :)