Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Big Sister

"Hey Mom!" Annie cried enthusiastically as I came in to check on the girls in the bathtub (I was in the next room, folding clothes, listening to them play.)  "I was thinking . . . if you were sick or something, and the new baby is a girl, and you couldn't do it, I could brush Ellie's and the new baby girls hair for you!"
"Wow, thanks Annie!  You sure are helpful!"
"Yeah, but it could be kinda hard . . . " then she added kinda forcefully, "I'm only five years old, you know!"

Oh, and the other day, she brought Greg and leaf and said in a reverent tone, "It's very valuable, you know.  It's worth ten hundred eighty dollars!"  Greg commented to me, "I wish we had a tree that had that valuable of leaves . . ."

3 comments:

Talina said...

Hee, hee, hee. She IS only five, Hilary. You can only expect her to do so much! :)

Kirstin said...

Brushing hair is one of my least favorite morning tasks. Do you think I could borrow her in the AMs?

Jessi said...

She is such a crack up!