Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ellie

This morning there were about 20 stupid magnets on the floor in front of the refrigerator.  I'd stepped on a couple, and frustrated I called out to Ellie, "Can you come in and pick these up while Mom cleans up breakfast?" 
"No . . ." Ellie calls out from the other room.
Greg, who was on his way out the door for a meeting, told Ellie, "Ellie, go pick up the magnets or go sit in time out for three minutes."
Ellie groaned, sighed, and rolled her eyes, then angrily shuffled over to the base of the fridge, plopped herself down and started picking them up.  I left the room to put something away, when about 20 seconds later I hear a voice call out, "MOM?  Can I just go sit in time out . . . "

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Your hands are full with that little one! She is so feisty, and opinionated. LOVE IT!

Talina said...

I wish I could choose a 3 minute time-out over some of my to-do list items :)
She is so funny, that middle child of yours.

Ashley said...

LOL I love that... And I am with you on the fridge magnets I clean up 20-30 at least twice a day. And step on many more thruout the day. I love the keep the kids happy but I could do without them :)

Kerry said...

I adore Ellie stories. Enough said.