Monday, June 27, 2011

Almost a Year Old . . .

With him being a little over a week away from being a year old, I thought I'd throw together a bit of an update about Isaac:

Three teeth are in . . . one more fighting its way through.  Still pretty grumpy and pissed about this.

Taking steps.  All over the place.  Up to 6 or 7 at a time.  Never walking to Mom or Dad, but he will walk for the vacuum cleaner or to his toy bus. 

Talking.  The boy is a chatter box -- he babbles whole paragraphs.  The vast majority unrecognizable.  Although, occasionally he nails a word so right-on it's amazing (like while counting in the tub this morning with his sisters, Annie said the word 'seven' and Isaac mimicked it so perfectly you would've thought the kid was counting along.  I don't imagine he'll say 'seven' again anytime soon though.)

He still loves patty cake and Elmo.  The two together is about as good as it gets. 

Sharing.  He's CONSTANTLY handing us soggy cheerios or goopy puffs to eat.  We have to palm it, pretend to throw it in our mouths and he squeals and claps.  It's disgusting and adorable. 

Loves going down his slide -- this freaks me out a little.  He only gets the 'feet first' position down about half the time.

He's obsessed with trying to get up the stairs.  He loves going up them.  Gets really, really angry whenever I try to show him how to turn backwards and go down the stairs. 

He wakes up around 6AM or so every morning.  This is not my favorite thing.  But he goes to bed at 7:30 every night, and that I do like.

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Wait...you have a child that goes to bed?

Are you sure he's your son? ;)

Talina said...

I love that little munchkin! I can't believe how mobile he is getting and his obsession with Elmo is adorable! I can't believe he is already 1 year old (next week)!

Jean said...

Woohoo, I found your blog!! Okay, your little guy is ridiculously adorable, especially with the soggy snacks that he loves to share. :-) And thanks for the tip about the maple donuts at Harmons... MUST TRY!!!

Jessi said...

Happy (almost) birthday, Isaac! I can't believe all the cool things he is doing....and to go from no teeth to (almost) four in less than a month....crazy!

Quinn also loves going up the stairs, although, she too has not mastered the descend.