Tonight was Family Home Evening -- the kids were so excited. (Well, Annie & Ellie -- I don't think Isaac cared much.) Annie helped Daddy fill out the 'chart' . . . it was decided Ellie would pick the song (or as Ellie put it, "I will sing the song for you"), Annie got to say opening prayer, Daddy was doing the lesson, Mom made the dessert (and oh my goodness, can I just tell you how much we highly recommend these?!), which left Isaac in charge of the activity. We all figured he'd want to do Patty Cake. So, it was all decided. We gathered our little family in a circle in the front room and asked Ellie to pick the song. "Buffalo Poop!" she excited offered. (In Yellowstone last year, Ellie and Uncle Cody would point out all the bison droppings and excitedly sing a song of their own making, that goes, "Buffalo poop! Buffalo poop! Buffalo poop, poop, poop!") Annie helpfully offered, "Um, maybe we could sing 'Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam'?" "Nope! Buffalo Poop!" an enthusiastic Ellie reiterated. "Give said the Little Stream?" I asked. "No, Buffalo Poop!" Ellie confirmed again. I think I hear the words, "Buffalo Poop!" no less than 20 times a day. She even told me her diaper was so stinky the other day 'cause she ate too much Buffalo Poop. She's a child obsessed.
Uncle Cody would be so proud. :-)
4 comments:
She is so funny! Maybe you can tell her buffalos poop in the potty as some potty training motivation! So did you all patty cake after the buffalo poop song?
So while the word 'stupid' has been denigrated as a near swear word, singing about animal feces at Family Home Evening is completely appropriate . . . Parenting is awesome. :-)
(Great, now I'm going to have that stupid song stuck in my head all day . . . ).
HAHA!! That's hilarious. And she's not even a boy. In my head it just seems like such a boy thing to say, probably just because that's all I have that little.
Just don't mention the song Do Re Me. Although we sang buffalo poop 3000 times on that trip, they made me sing Do Re Me 4000 times at least.
Post a Comment