I was OK with how it all turned out -- I got some cute pictures of them, and with some explaining of Santa's busy schedule and all the kids waiting in line, the girls were able to forgive the rush and just be happy they got to see the big guy at all.
And I got some chocolate mint candy at Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates, so it was a Merry Christmas indeed.
Other tidbits from our day:
Isaac trying to make out with everyone while waiting in line to see Santa was pretty hilarious. The kid has gotten into kisses. He gives cute sweet ones to my Mom, and then proceeds to chew on my bottom lip or give me hickies on my chin. All while grabbing both of my cheeks with his tiny sharp nails.
Greg asked Ellie if he could take her blankie to work to keep him happy. She said no, rolled her eyes and pointed to the writing on the blanket, "Dad . . . E-L-L-I-E. Not D-A . . . " then trailed off when she realized she couldn't spell the rest of Dad. She took the blanket away for safe keeping though, just so he didn't sneak off with it.
Ellie happily saw my red cup and exclaimed, "Mom! Match!" holding out her own orange cup triumphantly. Annie sighed and said, "Ellie, Mom's is red and yours is orange. They don't match. But I'll let you go ahead and say it anyway." Thanks for your permission there, Annie.
And I got some chocolate mint candy at Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates, so it was a Merry Christmas indeed.
Other tidbits from our day:
Isaac trying to make out with everyone while waiting in line to see Santa was pretty hilarious. The kid has gotten into kisses. He gives cute sweet ones to my Mom, and then proceeds to chew on my bottom lip or give me hickies on my chin. All while grabbing both of my cheeks with his tiny sharp nails.
Greg asked Ellie if he could take her blankie to work to keep him happy. She said no, rolled her eyes and pointed to the writing on the blanket, "Dad . . . E-L-L-I-E. Not D-A . . . " then trailed off when she realized she couldn't spell the rest of Dad. She took the blanket away for safe keeping though, just so he didn't sneak off with it.
Ellie happily saw my red cup and exclaimed, "Mom! Match!" holding out her own orange cup triumphantly. Annie sighed and said, "Ellie, Mom's is red and yours is orange. They don't match. But I'll let you go ahead and say it anyway." Thanks for your permission there, Annie.
4 comments:
cbnn ki 5k5/e[fd
cbnn ki 5k5/e[fd
Sorry, Santa was not cool! The pictures are a lot of fun, though! And your kids look adorably festive. I am impressed with Ellie's spelling skills!
Not cool, Santa. Not cool.
I'm glad that a disinterested Santa didn't put too much of a damper on your day, though. The kids are adorable, as always. :)
Post a Comment