Sometimes I look down or catch a glimpse in the mirror of my had-my-third-child spare tire around my middle. I stare at my postpartum baby bump that looks a little too much like an actual baby bump, and I start to think . . . what if I was actually four months pregnant and I just didn't know it! What if that's the real reason why I look four months pregnant and the real reason I've only lost three pounds in the last three months . . . not just the copious amounts of holiday junk food!
Then I realize that would mean I would end up with two children like 14 months apart . . . and then I'm a little bit more OK with the baby weight that's stubbornly holding onto my midsection this time around.
I like to remind myself that it's important to see the bright side.
And, for the love, it's time to put down the chocolate Santa!
5 comments:
I know most people will think I am crazy, but I would have loved to have babies that close together. By the time Quinn was five months old, I was ready for another one....who knows when I would have been ready if Quinn hadn't made such a dramatic entrance! I could have Irish twins!
ha ha ha I feel ya it sucks the baby weight is the hardest to get off and you end up with just a pile of tummy jello that likes to pop out all the time ahhh lol
I had Kimberly and Shauna 20 months apart, it was good because they were so close but then it was difficult in taking care of 2 small children. Kimberly has her hands full with Landon and couldnt imagine herself with a new baby like now, (comparing herself to when I had them). I told her you just deal with things as they come up. I never did get rid of the middle baby fat, hope you have better luck than me:)
Oh my gosh!! There is a reason why Lauren and Evan are 3 years apart, and Evan will be months away from turning 4 when our little guy makes his debut..there is no way I could do it without a cupboard full of xanax and perhaps some Lorazapam mix in as well. I say if you can do it, more power to you, but I just can't. But then again, after every kid I have really bad postpartum depression..if I didn't have that, I might be up for more kids closer together.
hehe, that made me think of the show "I didn't know I was pregnant." And Jessi, yes I think you're crazy :)
Post a Comment