Monday, December 10, 2012

Family Vacation - Day 5

Greg and I have been discussing it, and we both say this second day in Cabo was our favorite.  Until we start to think more, and then Greg says maybe the next day in Puerto Vallarta was the best.  Basically, we can't decide, but this day in Cabo was pretty much a perfect beach day.  The weather was great, the views were amazing, we had some adventure and everyone enjoyed themselves. 

Here's Owen dressed and ready to go before we left our room that morning.
 Isaac in our room before leaving, playing with his Freddy doll.  The Carnival Cruise mascot is one odd looking creature -- and Grandma was kind enough to buy both boys their own to take home :-)  Isaac loves his Freddy.

Once we got into Cabo for our second morning, we started a near turf war between two feuding glass bottom boat people, but hurry and hopped onto one and got out of there as quickly as possible.  I was hoping to enjoy the glass bottom boat a bit more, but we had two babies and a toddler who were ANGRY that they were in life vests, and at that point, I just wanted to get to the beach so I could get my baby out of this torture device . . . 








 This is a view of the arch that separatesthe Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean -- later we walked through it during one of the highlights of my entire trip. 

As soon as we got to the beach, Owen was so exhausted from screaming on the boat that he crashed in the tent again for a nap -- I think out of everyone there, Owen enjoyed Mexico the least :-)  He just had a rough time :-)


 Annie down the beach from one of the caves she'd explored with Grandpa.


 Ellie was so enthusiastic about getting her picture taken . . . :-)





Lacy and Ben are our adventurers -- if you look close, that's them heading up the rock face with no ropes or anything . . . 

 For my favorite day, I didn't get nearly enough pictures, but that's mainly 'cause the best parts weren't safe to take cameras with :-)  We were dropped off at Lover's Beach, and then Star, Greg and I snorkeled around closer to Land's End, where we were told about a cave.  I don't know how well I can explain it, but here it goes -- you have to ride a wave from the water into the cave -- the push and pull of the water sent Star and I rapidly into the cave, only to be pulled out again like being sucked out on a watery roller coaster -- it took us a few tries (and learning we needed to take our flippers off so we could dig our toes into the sand to keep from being pulled back out), but we could not stop laughing.  And even with the incredible power and pull of the water, it never slammed us into the rocks, just in and out this shoot of a cave entrance.  We made it in, walked through a sandy cave, and came out the other side on the beach with that arch pictured above.  We explored some caves there, then in between some waves, dashed through the arch and ended up on another beach with more caves, and an awesome view of the Pacific Ocean.  I stood in one of the caves and told Greg, "I want Annie to see this!"  So, we made our way back to our original beach, then Annie, Ellie, my Mom, my Dad and Greg set off on the adventure again, got the girls through the watery cave and through the arch and over to the other beach.  It was such a fun adventure, and we saw fish and sea lions along the way. 
After spending the day at this beach, we headed back to the boat, and as we left port that night we saw dolphins and one lone whale that breeched a ways off.  We were a few weeks early for whale season, so that's the only whale we saw, but I wouldn't have changed the fantastic weather we had by waiting any longer in the season to take the cruise. 


Then just a few pictures from our room that night.



1 comment:

Jessi said...

Sounds magical! I now want to go on a tropical vacation. Sigh! Another vacation to add to the list. :-)