Annie and Uncle Cody racing up the ramp with Ellie and Uncle David close behind them.
We walked across the big newer bridge first, to look down at the dam below . . . and of course, took a multitude of pictures of ourselves . . . .
(This picture is Grandpa teaching Isaac to spit off the bridge. Of course. This is what Grandpa's are for.)
My four kids with Uncle Cody, Aunt Star and me.
Down by the actual dam, there was this statue . . . each of the kids wanted a turn hanging from the 'rope' -- and Annie shocked us all by proving to be ridiculously strong and doing a couple pull ups . . .
Later that night we got to our hotel, where Greg and I and the kids crashed pretty early. Even our late owls only stayed out 'til like 11PM. The whole city just feels so sleezy to me now that I don't like to be there, let alone walking around with my kids, any longer than I have to. The highlight of our hotel stay was that we were in some weird corner room -- which mean it was easily double the size of a regular hotel room. I should've gotten pictures of it, but Isaac, Annie and Uncle Cody were doing cartwheels out in the big main open area of the room. At bedtime, we just pulled Isaac's mattress all the way off the bed into the middle of the room so he could sleep closer to the floor (the child is perfectly incapable of staying on a bed -- and sure enough, in the middle of the night he was on the floor of the hotel room.)
1 comment:
Oh, I remember going on a dam tour with your family in Lake Powell. It was a dam good time.
Post a Comment