Monday, December 12, 2011

Final Countdown

Today was my 37 week appointment.  Full term.  As in 'can have this baby tomorrow or in four weeks from now' countdown.  I've always pictured having this baby a week late or so (like his older brother), so not until the first week of January.  But it's just been this last couple (increasingly uncomfortable) days that it's been dawning on me that I could actually have this baby any time now.  Especially once my midwife told me the baby is in perfect position, really far down, and I'm dilated to almost a three.  The great thing about dilation is that it tells you absolutely nothing :-)  Being dilated to a three could mean I could have this baby tonight, and it could mean I go a week overdue.  But, still.  Hearing that made me come home and pre-register at the hospital finally, and get started on packing a hospital bag.

So, I'm due January 2nd, 2012.

To recap, I had Annie on her due date, Ellie was a few weeks early, and Isaac was a full week late.

Annie was 6.5 lbs, Ellie was 6 lbs. and Isaac was 8 lbs. 1 ounce. 

Remember, last time my labor went pretty fast.  And I didn't realize I was nearing the end of labor until I suddenly yelled to the nurse who just happened to be in the room talking to us that I was pushing.  Then Isaac was born about a minute later or less.  With my midwife in the next room, and no time for her or anyone else to get into the room.  The next day my midwife said to Greg, "Hope you were paying attention . . . you may end up delivering next time."
So, do we think we'll make it to the hospital in time?
Will Greg end up delivering this baby in the car?  By himself in the hospital room?

Any guesses when I have this baby?
How big will he be?
Dramatic birth story taking place in the hospital lobby?  (Like my cousin . . . hi Marissa!)


And then just for fun, a picture one of our last family outings
(to see Christmas lights) as a family of five . . .
 . . . I JUST realized that means we're going to be a family of six sometime in the next month.  That suddenly sounds huge and scary to me :-)  Think I would've done some of this math before now . . . :-)

7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

ACK! Family of six sounds HUGE! Although so does family of five... hmm.

I'm guessing... 12.21.2011. Because then it will be easy for me to remember. Sorry, kid - you're just going to have to deal with a birthday four days before Christmas. May I recommend always celebrating a half-birthday in June instead? June birthday festivities are the best kind.

I think he'll be 7lbs 13oz... like Nathan. 20 inches.

And I think you'll make it... and labor for eight hours. And it will be labor that is hard and hurts (again, sorry, but I figure it's going to be different, because all of them have been so different!).

You probably don't want to be my friend anymore, huh? (HA! SUCKER! You're stuck with me!!! Mwahahahahahhahaha!)

Jessi said...

I am sticking with his due date....1/2/12. (Because that will be easy for me to remember, and an awesome number pattern.) He will be be 7lbs, 12 oz. and 19.5 inches long. The labor will be fast, but not scary fast. But easy enough, you are going to start planning adding a "U" and sometimes "Y" to the your family.

Vala said...

hmmm...12/30/11 and 7-11.
I hope you make it to the delivery room, just wear stretchy pants in case you have a head in your pants on the way to the hospital! :)

Talina said...

01/03/12. I think he'll take after Lacy and JUST miss having a cool birthday (8/9/88). Plus, then he'll pysch you out by being 'overdue' but just barely. I predict you will be sent home from the hospital 3 times with false labor, but that fourth time, the time you SHOULD have gone in, you'll put it off in embarrasment and Greg will end up delivering him in the Hospital lobby. I'm going to say that you should wear skinny jeans to hold him in there until you get to the hospital :)
Oh, and he will be 7 lbs, 7 oz. like his favorite female cousin but a shrimpy 19 inches.

Kerry said...

Well take it from this family of 6 .. it's not easy! lol .. very reassuring of me isn't it. But it's worth it. So very very worth it! I hope that he is born BEFORE Christmas.

Ashley said...

I cant believe that you are that close to having another baby lol its gone by so fast. I hope that he waits until at least Jan 1st only cuz I would hate to have my birthday in the same month as christmas. And I think that he is going to be 7lbs 5oz and 20 inches long. And adorable lol A family of 6 does sound like a ton wow thats crazy lol. Cant wait to see a pic anyday now how exciting.

Star said...

I need him to be born right now. I have the rest of the week off, as well as sometime into next week. But because your babies hate me, He will be born on 01/02/11 Because it is most inconveniant for me and you. Stinker.