Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Countdown

Feels like life is on a bit of a 'countdown'.  Somedays that countdown seems to be the countdown 'til Christmas, and sometimes it feels like the countdown to the baby.  At least we know the date on the first one! :-)

This last couple days have been more focused on Christmas, with a trip to the mall to get my niece Bailey's first pictures with Santa.  Here she is with my sister, Talina:
I am really loving having my sister be a stay-at-home Mom with me.  Especially with her living just over a mile away from me.  It's fun having someone to run errands with me, and having someone to hang out with at home.  It's just so uber-comfortable with it being my sister -- we sit around and talk, sometimes I vacuum or do dishes while we talk, sometimes she checks her email while Bailey naps in the swing and I'm changing Isaac, sometimes she plays with the kids while I run out and shovel the snow off the steps before Annie gets home, and sometimes we both fall asleep on my couches while watching cartoons with the kids.  Yeah, social interactions doesn't usually doesn't get much more comfortable than that.  :-)
(This will probably further hinder my social life though, as I don't even feel the need to change out of my pajamas to have her come over, and I don't think I've ever fallen asleep on the couch while talking to a non-related friend.)  :-)

Monday night we also had our annual Christmas Party with Greg's extended family.  The kids had fun getting to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa, and taking in all the Christmas festivities. 
 
Isaac loved watching the train go around and around the tree.  He loved the tree too.
 Isaac and Grandma enjoying the nativity set. 
 Ellie was pretty wired (shocking, I know.)  This is how she posed for pictures.
 Isaac showing off one of his classic 'grump' faces.  He was pretty grumpy when we first got there, but totally warmed up and was dancing and playing and having a blast once he settled in.
 The kids sitting with Grandma on the couch during the White Elephant exchange.
Where I had Ellie choose one of the gifts we'd brought, just to be on the safe side :-)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Isaac reminds me so much of Logan its to funny. So cute I cant believe that Christmas is already here and in 4 days yikes I better get my shopping done lol. Love the pic of Talina and Bailey to cute. Hope little baby Owen stays put until after Christmas. So you don't have to spend Christmas in the hospital :) Good Luck

Jessi said...

I love that you and Talina live so close and can totally just hang out together. That is so nice!

Love all the photos, especially Ellie's crazy face and Isaac's grumpy face!

Talina said...

Those pics of Ellie (crazy face) and Isaac (grump face) are SO accurate :)
I had fun at the mall yesterday and I really had fun babysitting today. Ellie cracks me up and Isaac is such a little sweetheart once he warms up. He kept gently patting Bailey and then cuddled on my lap for awhile was Bailey was down for her nap.