In the past four days, Ellie has pooped in her panties a whopping 7 times. You have GOT to be freaking kidding me. The first one or two we tried not to make a huge deal of, or put to much focus on. Everyone in the family had the stomach flu except Ellie (I lost an impressive 6.5 pounds in 24 hours . . . it was just that fun of an illness.) Maybe she was feeling a bit lost in shuffle. But things have returned to normal, but the accident situation has most definitely not. We've tried to be consistent. We've made her help clean up, explained how she needs to get to a potty quicker, but she's shrugged it all off with a "I don't care" every single time. We've increased the consequences. Friends have gone home (Annie has got to leave with them), naps have been taken, time outs have been instituted, extra chores have been added (to earn the money to replace the pairs of panties that I have just thrown away, 'cause I'm pregnant and there is only so much I'm willing to do to save a pair of underwear), and Annie has got to go out while Ellie's had to stay in after yet another accident. I've laid out the consequences ahead of time, and when she's had another accident I've followed through. She seems completely unfazed and completely unaffected by the whole situation. She is obviously making absolutely no effort whatsoever to use the toilet, and seems to have no intention too. How exactly does one get through such a situation with their sanity intact?
Seriously, y'all . . . hit me up with your potty training wisdom. What have you done when your child has regressed at potty training? Please tell me it didn't last forever.
At least we're all feeling better. This would've been a lot worse if this was going on when we were all so sick. Of course, I'm still tired and drained (which is making it harder to stay patient with the whole potty situation), but really, that is pretty much Ellie's fault too. The kid likes to wake up 4-5 times a night lately. She's teamed up with Isaac though, he wakes up 2-3 times, and that way they can cover an entire 8 hour night of potential sleep, breaking it conveniently into short hour long bursts of sleep for Mom and Dad. All night long. The first night I wasn't puking all night, I was woken up at least 7 times. That really helps you feel well on your way to recovery, let me tell you. Is it bad if I literally start having actual thoughts of, "I think my children may actually be out to get me . . . " That seems unhealthy. Possibly a bit unbalanced. But man, when Isaac's waking up at 4:30AM for the morning and Ellie's following an hour later, then between them I'm cleaning up multiple blown out diapers, multiple poopy panties, and rinsing out the tub with bleach and hot water for the SECOND time after it's been pooped in, all in one day, THEN they both blow off naps (despite Isaac waking up at 4:30AM, I mentioned that, right?!) . . . well then, it just seems like a big ol' conspiracy to drive Mom crazy (using mainly human waste, with a side of sleep deprivation, as their main weapons.)
In my fondest dream, I would sleep 8 straight hours, and wake up at 7:00AM. And nobody would poop on me all day. Ahhh, heaven.
8 comments:
Boarding school?? I have no idea. But I think you should spend this entire weekend in a hotel... by yourself. Only a masseuse should be allowed to contact you!
You're not alone. Kyle (who will be four in two weeks) pooped his pants four days in a row for me---I believe in protest of me cutting all my hair off. He was very against me cutting it, and started his little rebellion AS I was getting my hair cut. Lovely. Good luck with her when the next baby comes---I hear they like to regress when that happens. It may be impossible to do as you certainly seem to have your hands full, but maybe she just needs some one-on-one time every day? When Claire had behavior problems we told her if she was good all day she could stay up after Kyle went to bed and play games with us for twenty minutes. It sure made a difference.
Oh man im so sorry that has got to be the worst. But I am glad to hear that I am not the only one still not sleeping thru the night with a 16 months old. I mean really isnt there a time where they need to sleep thru the night its getting really old. I hope that they get the sleeping down before the new baby comes along or you might just have to hire a nanny so that you can get a few hours of sleep in lol good luck.. As for the potty training I was lucky for the fact that Dallin never turned back once he started going in the potty the down side he didnt potty train until he was 4 so yeah its hard and I am just dreading doing it with Logan.
Maybe just lay the rewards on thick when she is successful. I don't know. I might be asking you for the same advice in a year :-)
Oh man, I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Macie has regressed this week too - maybe there is just something in the water. :) So if you find something that works for Ellie, let me know so we can try it here too! I feel for you on the no sleep thing though...that would be the straw to break my back! Hang in there! You are bound to get amazing blessings from all of this! :)
I wish I had some advice! Isaac has been stalled for quite some time on the potty training front. ugh. But, I do like the advice of Liz. hotel!!!!
It's the little things in life, isn't it--Sleep and no excrement. I think every mother echoes your feelings and wishes.
Seriously .. that just sucks. Boo. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment