We all met up with Aunt Talina and Uncle David at the Utah State Fair today.
The kids loved seeing the animals. Isaac especially, he happily 'mooed' at the cows, tried repeatedly to stick his fingers into goats' mouths, and he squealed happily whenever he heard the roosters. He also impressed us by busting out two new words, "Rooster" and "Feathers". The bird building was a big hit.
Annie and Isaac happily checked out all the animals. (Ellie's not in as many pictures, since for some reason she was in a less than happy mood.)
He could not get close enough to the goats and sheep.
Annie and Isaac thought the bunny rabbit was the softest thing ever, and two out of my three kids were happy to pose as bears in the cutouts.
Isaac checking out the Bison head with some help from Uncle David.
Annie measuring up to bears.
Isaac trying on a hat. Seconds later my sister Talina pointed out the 'please no pictures' sign in the vendors booth. Oops!
These pictures of Isaac were from a couple days ago.
Poor Isaac got an eye full of sand (that Ellie was haphazardly tossing around the sandbox) that for some reason made his whole face swell up and turn red. These pictures are after I'd bathed him, and Greg and I had tried to flush his eye out a few times with a squirt bottle of water. Which is why the poor kid got his very own sucker, 'cause his Mom felt so bad for pinning him down while prying his eye open while Dad sprayed water in it. Unfortunately, when we checked it again, his lower lid was still filled with sand, so we had to flush it a few more times, but fortunately it looked back to normal the next morning. I still don't know how Ellie got THAT much sand in such a tiny eye . . .
3 comments:
I LOVE the fair! We are going next weekend.
Poor Isaac! His eye looks miserable!
We have never been to the fair .. can you believe it? Glad you guys had fun. Who knows, maybe we'll even make it over there at some point.
Poor Isaac indeed!! He does not look a happy boy.
Thanks for coming with us. David was bummed when I said I didn't know if I wanted to go this year. He was like, "But it's tradition." That's when I realized that we have gone every year that we've been married so yeah, at this point I think it IS tradition :) But let's face it, as our last year of not having our own child to entertain, it's just not worth going without a few cute kiddos so thanks for letting us play with yours!
Post a Comment