Monday, September 5, 2011

Random Pictures and Proud Mama Moment

Greg was working late last week, so I threw a towel down on our bed and let the kids have a 'picnic' for dinner while we watched a movie.  Then they got to all take a bath together.  They had so much fun!
My little helper!  He's LOVING to wash walls and vacuum anything!
Mmmmm, cupcakes!  The kids were pretty psyched about the brownies and cupcakes at our Labor Day celebration at Grandma's house!
Isaac's becoming more of a bookworm by the day -- here he is reading on Labor Day with Aunt Talina and Uncle David.
Isaac and Ellie got a hold of one of Uncle Cody's old helmets.  Ellie is a tiny bit crazy.  :-)
Do NOT get between Ellie and her basketball -- she will take you DOWN!
The girls LOVE going out in the garden with Grandma!





Unrelated to our Labor Day festivities, this weekend has given me one of my great 'beaming with pride' motherhood moments.  Annie gave a talk in Primary this last Sunday.  We'd read through it a few times, she read it on her own, and we practiced it aloud.  I was a bit nervous though about it taking too long, since she was reading it a bit slow and about the kids not being able to hear her 'cause she was speaking so softly.  Primary came though, and with only one small stumble, my little girl read her talk from start to finish perfectly.  She spoke right into the microphone, at a perfect tempo and volume.  She's a born public speaker!  She'll also be singing a small solo in Sacrament Meeting in a couple weeks.  The confidence I saw in her as she got up and gave her talk was one of those things that made this Mom so happy I felt like I was gonna burst.  :-)
And if you want to check out Annie reading the talk she gave in Primary last week, it's posted on youtube now . . . at over 3 1/2 minutes long though, I'm guessing Aunts and Grandmas are the only ones who'll make it through . . . :-)  (While making the video she tried to do more from memory, which made her stumble a bit more, but it was so cute!)



4 comments:

Jessi said...

I love the picnic and a movie on the bed idea. I will steal it when Quinn is older.

Ellie is such a wild woman. I heart that kid!

Isaac is such a little boy!

And Annie never ceases to amaze me!

Talina said...

I loved Annie's reading! She was so good at emphasizing certain lines and such.
Ellie continuously cracks me up with her antics and Isaac is such a cutie. I was so happy that he wanted to snuggle on my 'lap' but honestly couldn't figure out how it was going to be possible :)

Kerry said...

Everything Ellie screams Wyland to me! What is it about that second child? Is it just the age? I just don't remember Jackson being like that. But at least it's not gender specific.

So impressed with Annie too .. she is miles ahead of Jackson. I need to get that kid focused!

Melissa said...

Oh my GOSH you have some cute kids!