Annie's in preschool for her second year, and couldn't be happier. She was also excited that it was freakishly cold outside this morning so she could wear the new outfit (or one of the new outfits) that Grandma bought her for school.
Here she is, ready to go!

Ellie and Annie posing together.

Here was Annie last year on her first day of school . . .

Annie and Ellie last year.

Back to the present -- here's Annie showing off her
new backpack. She'd just been planning on using her old backpack, until she saw this one. Which was in the closet, waiting for Ellie to start preschool next year. Annie took one look at it, and began negotiations, and before I knew it, Annie was walking around with her new backpack while Ellie was happily dragging around Annie's old one. They'd traded. Ellie didn't fare so well in the trade. I didn't know if I should step in and put a stop to it, but as an oldest sister myself, I couldn't fault Annie for getting away with what she can. :-) (Ellie proudly took her 'new' backpack with us when we walked to and from Annie's preschool -- she seems happy with the trade, so who am I to argue.)

Annie and Isaac before school.
I wish I'd gotten her hair done a little earlier, 'cause in all the pictures it's still wet. It dried super cute and curly -- which was a huge relief for me, since I hacked off a couple inches of it yesterday and wasn't
quite sure how it would work.


Ellie posing with her 'little' brother -- anyone want to start placing bets on how long it'll be 'til he outweighs her?


My kids.
5 comments:
They are so stinking cute Hilary! It's funny how you get a better idea of Isaac's size with his "little" sister giving some prospective.
I empathize with Ellie, I'm the oldest yet the youngest is the tallest of the bunch. It just feels wrong! (It probably feels worse for my brother...who wants a sister that's taller than you?!)
I don't know why, but that last picture is so crazy to me! You have THREE KIDS!!!!!! That is so nuts!!!!!!!!
And man, they are SO cute. Annie's hair looks amazing!
It's amazing how fast they grow up! The difference a year makes is tremendous! You have adorable kids :)
Love the outfit that Grandma bought, very very cute. I can't believe how quickly Isaac seems to be growing up! They look like newborns for such a short period of time. Just think this time next year you'll be taking kindergarden pictures and it will be Ellie heading to her first day of preschool. How to we freeze our babies in time??!
I like that you send Annie to her first day of school each year in a blue striped outfit.
Post a Comment