Annie is the proud owner of many, many, MANY purses. And like many people who have far too many accessories, she's loaded with excuses as to why she NEEDS these things . . . my two favorite excuses from today:
"I have so many fancy things I need to carry this many purses everywhere!"
and
"Mom, I have to have three purses -- what if people need help holding their stuff?! That's what I'm here for!"
Unrelated to her purse-obsession, earlier today Annie was singing to Isaac, and telling him jokes . . . and to her delight, these things were making him smile from ear to ear. After awhile though, he was starting to get tired and the smiles weren't coming so readily. At one point I listened to this one-sided sibling exchange:
"So Isaac, here's another one . . . Knock knock . . . Who's there . . . Canoe . . . Canoe who? . . . Canoe come inside and play with me . . . [long pause] . . . OK Isaac, let's try that again . . . Knock knock . . . " She proceeded to tell him the whole joke all over again. He still didn't smile, she was bewildered, and I gently explained that he might just be a little young for word play jokes. :-)
2 comments:
Oh Annie! She never fails to make me smile!
Poor Annie. So many good jokes, so few siblings who can understand them :)
Post a Comment