Annie is recovering well from surgery. Waking up was tough and traumatic (for all involved), but once she calmed down she has been fine ever since. "I'm all the way better now," she keeps assuring us. Um, one minor problem came up though. I had a bad bout of morning sickness while holding Annie in recovery (she was asleep in my arms at the time), and as I was handing her off to Greg, I went from dizzy to unconscious, my tongue rolled back, I started breathing weird and I was shaking. I woke up not too long after surrounded by nurses who rushed me down to the emergency room for tests, believing I'd had some kind of seizure. I'm fine, the baby is fine, and I probably just passed out. I'm just apparently a drama queen who can't let her daughter be the center of attention :-)
It is good to be home. It was a LONG morning.
I'll do pictures of Annie in her surgical gown pre-surgery later, but for now Annie and I are both under strict doctor's orders to get a lot of rest. So, I'm going to sleep!
5 comments:
I am glad YOU and Annie are ok. That sounds like quite the morning. Good luck recovering.
You and Mom are so alike. You just can't have your suffering daughter top you. :)
I'm glad you two are both doing well now and I'm glad Greg DIDN'T succeed in giving mom a heart attack.
YIKES!
Glad you're all okay.
I'm laughing because Taylor passed out while I was getting my wisdom teeth out. And has had touch-and-go moments with each birth. The epidural needle! The afterbirth! Oh my!
You wimps.
That is some crazy stuff, Hil!!! Way to steal the spotlight!!! Now I'm sure the day will be unforgettable for both of you!!!
Post a Comment