Annie and Ellie got dressed up in their finest (one in a yellow Belle gown from Grandma Karine, and the other in a pink and orange giant tutu from Grandma Ruth), climbed into their pink kids chairs in the frontroom, and sat and waited. I asked Annie what they were doing, and she informed me they had just gotten on a bus, and were going on a trip. "Really," I asked, "and where are you guys going?"
"The bus is taking us to Australian!" she excitedly informed me.
Another quick Annie story (although, it is most likely a 'you had to be there' kinda story.)
Last night, I was saying nightly prayers, with Annie throwing in occasional suggestions for things I'd carelessly forgotten to say. Right at the end, as I was saying, "We say these things humbly, in the name . . . " Annie started giggling. Then laughing. "Humbeley?!" she giggled, "Humbelely?!" (Think of the word being sung by Winnie the Pooh in his "I'm so rumbly in my tumbly," song and rhyming perfectly.) I tried explaining what the word meant, which only amused her further, her doting my explanation with giggles and repeated use of the an incredulous sounding "Humbeley?!" Mom's so funny when she makes up silly sound words.
1 comment:
A tutu and a princess dress seem like strange travel clothes.
Post a Comment