Thursday, July 23, 2009

Luckiest Girl in the World . . .

. . . 'cause I've been married to this guy for five whole years now!



Happy Anniversary Greg!
This last five years of marriage is everything I ever could have hoped for or dreamed of . . . and so much better than I ever expected!
Love you!


(I've had countless friends & family members ask me about marriage. Is it easier or harder than I'd expected? Is it a ton of work? What's it really like? I feel completely and 100% unqualified to answer this question. Marriage is about 1000 times easier than I'd ever expected. We've been married five years now and still haven't had a fight (no matter how hard I've tried to bait him). But, I married Greg, the world's most laid back, sweetest, easy going husband in the entire world. Add to that he's hard working, loyal, responsible, sweet, loving, actively involved in our kids lives, and I can't think of anything he does that causes any kind of friction or struggle in any aspect of his life. There is not a single person on the face of this planet who could be easier to be married to than Greg, so this last five years have been the most amazingly effortless and happiest of my life. And I deserve almost none of the credit. It was all about who I married.)
(Trust me, I'm still trying to get him to get into a fight with me, but no matter how unreasonable or crazy I am, he never gets anywhere even near getting upset about it. It can be very frustrating at times.) :-)

7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! May your next five (and beyond) be just as great!

Jessi said...

Hooray for Hilary and Greg! You guys are a fantastic couple. Enjoy your special day!

Jackie H said...

You guys are so cute! Congrats on 5 years. I'm glad you haven't had a fight. We haven't either (almost 7 years), and people never believe me.

Talina said...

I believe you've never had a fight. I've SEEN you try to bait Greg and it amazes me that he's never risen to the bait. Even jokingly! You found the perfect guy for you and I am happy for you both!
Happy Anniversary!

Ashley said...

Congrats thats awsome you have such a great married life :)

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree,its frustrating that no matter how unreasonable you are your husband just wont be anything but sweet. I've got one of those too, thank goodness.

Lani said...

Yay! I'm with you! Marriage is so much easier than I ever expected! But I come from a pretty messed-up family, so I was expecting the worst. :-) I'm so glad you married Greg! And even more glad that you're so happy together! Yay!