Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Don't Drink the Punch

I'd just put Ellie down for her nap and walked back into the kitchen to check on Annie eating her lunch. My perfect little two year old was neatly setting all of her dishes into the sink while standing on her chair she'd dragged to the front of the sink. I beamed with pride as she looked up at me and smiled, then said, "I drank the pink drink Mom!" It was then I noticed her pink mustache.

"Um, what pink drink Annie?"

"In the sink!"

It was then I noticed the empty pint of ice cream container, remembering last night when I'd found the freezer burned raspberry ice cream, over half gone, and chucked it into the sink along with the soaking casserole dish to melt before throwing away the carton. Well, it had melted, and apparently when thinned out with a little sink water, looks like quite the tasty pink drink.

Ewwwww.

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Maybe she just hates to see things thrown away. :) EWWWW.

Bryan and Marissa said...

O you got to love the things little kids do! That is pretty nasty! maybe it's a cute little boy thing!

Anonymous said...

At least she's building up her immunities!

Lani said...

Ahhhh! Did you vomit?