Friday, July 10, 2015

Brian Head 2015 -- Summer Kickoff

The kids and I kicked off Summer by escaping the heat and heading up to visit friends in a cabin in Brian Head, UT.  We had SO much fun.  It was interesting being the sole parent on a family vacation -- I think it made me more involved and more fun.  I was the one on the adventure with them, not letting Dad have all the fun while I busied myself with other 'Mom' stuff.  We had such great quality time with snuggling, reading, and playing, plus fun adventures hiking, going to waterfalls, exploring, and more.  We had the 'exciting' adventure of getting a dying bat outside after I saw it sitting underneath Owen's chair at breakfast.  My friend Heather and I handled it masterfully, with little screaming :-)   Then we had the not-so-fun adventure of the van dying up on top of the mountain at an overlook, getting all the kids back down the mountain since it was night time and getting colder by the minute, and then getting back up there the next day and getting it to start.  There was lots of praying and only a little crying on my part, and in the end, the van started and we ended up having to stay an extra day, which wasn't something any of us overly minded.  We're so grateful to my friend Heather, and her kids, for inviting us along on the best week ever!




































































































































































































No comments: